Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Ruby Mamas Chat: July 18-July 25 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1420954)

mabelinoad 07-18-2012 04:41 AM

Ruby Mamas Chat: July 18-July 25

Lots of babies have been born...has the sticky been updated? Its been a while since I've looked at it :)

I have been up all night. I did castor oil yesterday at 2pm...and was miserable and hated life for hours...at 10pm I decided to take a shower and try to relax my abdoman muscles because it was just a general crampiness. I got in bed, had a couple contractions and went to sleep. At 12:30 i woke up to stronger CTX and have been up ever since! A few times I've tried to sleep, and I'll fall asleep between them, but for the most part i've been up. They range from every 3 1/2-5min...and 45seconds-1min long. Occasionally there will be one every 1 1/2min, or one 6 1/2min apart...but they've been semi consistant all night. I have to sway and breath through them, but I'm not dying just yet! This is similar to what happened a week ago...by 10AM they completely stopped. So I'm just waiting for these to peter out. My induction is tomorrow morning, so maybe these will pick up and I won't need the pit...but so far they just seem to prodomal labor..sigh. I feel like they're at least doing SOMETHING, even if its not full on labor! Hopefully they'll soften me up so tomorrow is quick and smooth!!! :crossfingers:

regenolds 07-18-2012 07:06 AM

Re: Ruby Mamas Chat: July 18-July 25

I hope this is it for you Beth! It sure sounds like labor. With everyone's prodromal labor I'm getting worried I'll have a couple episodes and my midwife comes from an hour away so I don't want to call her out for nothing!

I had my appt yesterday. Baby turned from ROT to OP. Argh! I spend so much time on my hands and knees and go to the chiro every week. I don't know why! Its really frustrating. She doesn't think she'll see me at my appt next week but I feel lie I will be pregnant forever. We went swimming at the beach last night again. It sure helps take all the weight off my body. Which is now up to 45 pounds!

erkelly 07-18-2012 07:28 AM

I know you FB mama's know, but to update everyone, I had my baby girl yesterday! I'll start a thread later with pictures and our birth story. As far as early (10 days) inductions go, I am very pleased with how it went and how my doctor helped me keep it as natural as possible!

marliah 07-18-2012 01:51 PM

major nesting overdrive kicked in today. The whole house is clean! :D not sure if that means baby is coming tonight or not but I'm happy to have a clean house again, was out of energy all week long was nice to wake up and have some this morning!

Beth, I hope this is the real thing! So hoping you can have your VBAC. :)

Emily, Congratulations! I'm so glad things went well!

Sarah, I have felt that way in past days, like this just wont end, but it will! Before we know it we will be holding out little ones and wondering how we ever had a life without them! :)

marliah 07-19-2012 05:31 AM

thinking of you today Beth! Hope you are holding your little one soon :)

msmamabear 07-19-2012 12:09 PM

Hope we see lots of babies this weekend!

I am off to my 41 week appt today. I can't believe I am still pregnant. I had a bunch of contractions last night so I thought for sure I was going to be done by this morning but yet still nothing.

luckyducky77 07-19-2012 06:58 PM

All these babies being born! So exciting!

Well, it's crazy to think that Maia is going to be 2 wks old tomorrow. She had her 2 wk check today and was up to 9 lbs 3.5 oz. and 22 inches long (so I totally think the nurse at the weight check visit did a poor job of measuring her since I find it hard to believe she went from 19 inches to 22 inches in only 9 days vs her birth length of 21 inches so I'm sticking with that). Now at the point that one boob satisfies her appetite which makes me very happy.

philenabean 07-19-2012 09:07 PM

Hope everyone is well! Congrats to all the new ones... I have been lurking, just too tired to post :)

My little man is doing well. He will be 3 weeks tomorrow. I took him to the ped's today for an eye infection. She recommended breast milk, too, which I thought was awesome! Has anyone else done this?

Grant weighed in at 8 lbs 9 oz, fully clothed and fluffy bottomed. It has me a little worried, since his birthweight was 9lbs 6oz. I also suspect that I had undiagnosed GD. I had gained 55lbs, had excess amniotic fluid, had an LGA baby who was hypoglycemic... All signs point to GD. So maybe Grant is just getting back to his "normal" weight. He nurses like a champ, so I think he is okay. Anyone else have a newborn who took awhile to get back to their birthweight?

Glad Maia is doing well, Cara! I knw what you mean about having them be satisfied by one side! So liberating. Grant only wants both sides in the evening, and I am okay with that :)

philenabean 07-19-2012 09:08 PM

DP

edens_mom 07-20-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erkelly (Post 15417960)
I know you FB mama's know, but to update everyone, I had my baby girl yesterday! I'll start a thread later with pictures and our birth story. As far as early (10 days) inductions go, I am very pleased with how it went and how my doctor helped me keep it as natural as possible!

SO glad to hear it! :hugs:

We are still doing well with Anna over here. :) 2 days old and so far she is our easiest baby! And I hope it stays that way!

My milk came in last night and she decided to sleep for HOURS. I got her to empty one side and she can't seem to wake up enough to finish the job. :giggle:

Still working on my birth story. :) It's not as exciting as Levi's but still definitely special.

No word from Beth?