Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In June (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=141)
-   -   How is it going? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421086)

hohaas 07-18-2012 11:31 AM

How is it going?

How is everyone and their babies doing? I'm assuming we don't have any more pregos or at least I hope not! lol

Evanee is a month old today and is doing great. She is nursing and sleeping well. She loves to be snuggled and will sleep better at nite when she is so I put the boppy in her bassinet and put her it in so she feels snuggled and she'll sleep in it much better that way. Our last one was that way too. She occasionally has some fussy periods, which I attribute to gas so I got some gripe water and use it only if I can't get her settled and she seems uncomfy. Haven't had to use it much thankfully. Her big sisters adore her and are great little helpers. They do need to be reminded though at times to watch out or be gentle.

AFM, I'm feeling great. I had a hospital stay for a few days but I am better now. Nothing serious thankfully! I had a bladder inf bad enough to give me a headache and full body muscle aches. I took Tylenol 3 for pain, which made me constipated and eventually I couldn't pee. Once the constipation was taken care of I was finally able to pee and was on the mend. IV antibiotics helped clear up the inf pretty quickly. BFing is great and my freezer stash is over 225 oz so far in preparation of going back to work. Introduced the bottle too so she could get used to it and it went well.

katydid6952 07-18-2012 08:43 PM

Re: How is it going?

We're doing great here. I'm exclusively pumping now since Olivia has too strong of a suck. I'd prefer to avoid scabbed nipples again. I have about 450 oz in my freezer so far. I'm hoping to get enough in the freezer to last us until a year without me having to pump the entire year.

Olivia sleeps for an extended 4-5 hour stretch every night which is nice. Helps my sanity since I also have to keep my twin 4 year olds home all day. Olivia was 8lbs 11oz at birth and she was already 9lbs 4oz 2 weeks ago so even though I haven't weighed her recently but I'd say she's probably 10lbs by now....we'll find out at her 1 month appt.

hohaas 07-19-2012 03:24 PM

Hopefully you can build that stash up so you don't have to pump the whole time b/c that can get old pretty quick! Do you have a estimate as to what number you need to get to?

katydid6952 07-19-2012 05:48 PM

If I pump until the end of September I'm estimating I'll need about 9555 oz. LOL

hohaas 07-19-2012 07:47 PM

lol I figured it was gonna be a pretty high number! Hope you can get it!!

katydid6952 07-20-2012 02:08 PM

Less than 9105oz to go. LOL

Only 07-22-2012 11:49 AM

Any tips on pumping?

My daughter nurses ALL the time and I have no clue where to fit in pumping sessions. I'll be taking a few classes at school in the fall (one month away!) and I need to build up my freezer stash.

I have a measly 10oz stored. :blush:

jaelynsmommy61607 07-22-2012 12:39 PM

I pump at least once a day. Damian usually has at least one really good nap he sleeps 3-4 hours. I pump when he goes to sleep. I only nurse from one boob each feeding. I'll offer the same boob twice in a row and then pump the other side after that.

I have almost 100oz in the freezer. Were needing to get a deep freezer ASAP. Last kid my milk took up half the freezer.

hohaas 07-22-2012 10:13 PM

Almost to 300 oz. I will pump whenever I feel a little full. If Evanee is hungry at that time I'll either wait til after or pump while feeding. I always pump when I get up in the morn and b/f I go to bed. I started pumping just a week after she was born in anticipation of going back to work.

lemurkinsmommy 07-22-2012 10:54 PM

I've started pumping to donate, so far only once a day because I'm *trying* to get my oversupply issues under control but it looks like I might just have to go with it and start pumping more often. I need 150 ozs before I can take my donation to the milk bank and I've got 8 oz stored in their little containers and 40 ounces in regular bags and that's just 2 weeks worth of pumping once a day.

As for how we are doing, everything is great! Arwin is growing, we have our "6 week" check up on wednesday (he'll be 7 weeks) so I will see how much he weighs then. I've started into trying to loose the baby weight, slowly, right now its more about getting in shape again and DH is joining me, he needs to eat healthy. Everyone is adjusting well to Arwin being around, he sleeps great so far, eats well and mostly just hangs out.