Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   nighttime trainer for heavy wetter (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421100)

madiganandpupsmom 07-18-2012 11:57 AM

nighttime trainer for heavy wetter

I really still haven't found a night solution for my DD. She's completely day trained but still occasionally pees at naptime and always wants water w/ bed so she pees a lot overnight. I've been trying lots of trainers but none fit the bill. I've tried grovia, mother goose designs, and ladder hill designs. Even stuffed with extra inserts, all were epic fails. I'm trying to avoid a diaper b/c she will often ask to use the potty during the night and it's a big pain to have to resnap dipes at 2 am, so pull on is preferable. I've tried a few pocket trainers but they have bunched and pee has leaked out the sides. Are there trainers i'm missing? I hope so b/c i hate sposie pull ups!

kelly679 07-18-2012 01:52 PM

Re: nighttime trainer for heavy wetter

I havent been able to use a trainer at night on my dd. Even night pull ups leak through. We have to use size 6 disposables. Lately she's been good at night peeing at night but we had too many days of soaked sheets in the am to go back to pull ups or cloth trainers at night.

mariamommy 07-18-2012 01:57 PM

I have been searching for this exact thing and haven't found it either. For now I am using disposable pull ups for my 4 yr old right now. I am still searching though!

I would prefer a stay dry pull up for my son, that doesn't seem to be an option in the world of "feel wet" trainers.

It seems like the market of cloth should differentiate better between trainers that are meant to help with potty training (feel wet, absorb little) and overnight pullups that are stay dry (I know my son can't hold it at night and he gets sore being in wetness all night) and absorb a lot and have a higher rise for boys. I also prefer natural fibers and its also hard to find anything w/o microfiber unless its a custom. Customs are hit or miss though...you never really know what it will be like or if it will fit until you get it.

kateroc 07-25-2012 07:32 AM

bumping for more input -- I'm looking for the same thing!

armywife2002 07-26-2012 09:50 PM

im looking too, for an almost 5 yr old :)

Featherhead 07-26-2012 10:43 PM

For my 5 year old (37 lbs, 42 inches) I use the GroVia trainers. I stuff them with a padfolded flat. She also wears a Disana wool cover over top. She is able to pull it up and down herself. The other night it was so soaked, even the tabs were wet, but her bed was dry.

My 3 year old uses them too (34 lbs, 38 inches). She is chunkier, so they are a little more difficult to get on her. But she is dry almost every night, so I'm almost ready to ditch them. Hers I stuff with a thinner, smaller flat, so that helps with getting them on.

gabmaxi 07-27-2012 12:28 AM

I was debating between the motherease bed wetters or the bottom bumper trainers. I ultimately went for the bottom bumpers because you can snap in the regular diaper inserts.

lovebabies 07-27-2012 12:38 AM

I'm having this same issue...bought some Sprout Change trainers that I like pretty well, but even with adding in a couple hemp doublers they always leak out the sides (my LO is a side sleeper). She even wet right through nighttime super undies! Maybe a wool cover would do the trick...

kateroc 07-27-2012 06:48 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I bought the Tinkle Time Trainer pattern and I'm going to try my hand at making the overnight version.... We'll see how that goes. If it doesn't work, I may look into the Motherease Bedwetters...

fluffycheeks 07-27-2012 07:10 AM

We use the ME bed wetter pants for my 6 year old. We tried so baby things, and he was even flooding disposables. These are the only thing that have kept him dry. But they are not stay dry on the inside. Sadly for us, this doesn't seem to bother him one bit.