Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Jan (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Stashes? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421131)

norrahsmommy 07-18-2012 12:55 PM

Anyone have their stash started? What's going to be in it?

I haven't started buying yet but I have an idea of what I am going to buy. I have my eye on a few things that I hope will be available when I do start buying. I have a full OS stash for when the baby gets bigger, but since I started when dd was big enough to fit OS, I don't have anything for a smaller baby. I'm thinking about a dozen or so sm workhorse to go along with my flats and the prefolds I already have. Thirsties duo covers, a couple s/md longies and then maybe a few print fitteds.

ETA: My dd was big (8.9) and I have a feeling this baby is going to be bigger, so I am going to skip the xs/nb size and if I *need* to I can fold flats to fit until the sm fit.

cristy_1996 07-18-2012 04:01 PM

Re: Stashes?

I just received my first order today. I have 12 NB GMD prefolds and two BG NB AIO. I want to get some thirsties wraps, about 6-10 more AIO's and I am thinking about some of the GMD workhorses as well....if I do those, I may do 12 of those. Not sure...I'm starting over and so indecisive!!!

tmwmommy 07-18-2012 04:03 PM

I found some xs sposoeasy diapers on here. They are well loved but I'm sure they will work. I also bought some organic/hemp kissaluvs at a local diaper store. Hoping to talk dh into another trip to the diaper store soon (one hr away).

Tina5834 07-19-2012 05:57 AM

I bought a ton of newborn AOIs and pockets and then sold them because it was an insane amount of money! I'm going with this now (all bought and in the drawer!):

24 preemie prefolds
24 infant prefolds
2 newborn Rumparooz covers
1 Thirsties Duo size 1 cover
3 newborn Proraps covers
2 newborn Bumpkins covers
1 Totsbots Tinyfit
2 Lil Joeys
8 BGXS (I'm hoping for a seconds sale on more)
1 small Happy Heineys pocket.
1 xsmall Thirsties AIO

The only things gender specific are:
1 dazzle BG
1 lux Lil Joey
2 pink Bumpkins covers.
1 Firetrucks Lil Joey

mommajenn13 07-19-2012 08:25 AM

I'm due in Jan and new to this DDC (but not to DS). I still have all of my diapers from DS since he is still in them, but they are mostly stretched out in the legs some so I know for a fact they won't fit a nb! I have mostly BG 4.0s with some med and large BG AIO's thrown in.

I bought 4 grovia nb from babysteals a little while back, and I have 2 BG newborns. We find out what we're having tomorrow, so I'm anxiously waiting so I can start buying! I just bought 8 pink Alva's for when baby is bigger (if it's a girl). And if it's a boy, then my SIL is due with a girl in August so I will give them to her as a gift. It's a win win!

At first I wasn't going to buy nb sizes, but even if I didn't I'd have to buy new BG 4.0's. And I want something that isn't going to make my newbie look humongous. So I think I'll go with used/on sale nb diapers and then resale or gift to friends. I have at least two friends who are TTC right now, and then one I know will start before the year is over!

jmoon 07-19-2012 10:24 AM

I have about 2 dozen floursack flats, 3 grovia nb aios, 12 small fitteds, and probably a few more random things :) I want to buy 2 doz nb prefolds and some covers for the nb stage, and maybe some more os pockets since I have an 18 month old in diapers too! My babies get big pretty fast, so they will probably be sharing dipes pretty soon! I have plenty of os pockets and covers for him, so I am sure I will be sharing all of those!

nicolemariep 07-19-2012 03:46 PM

So far I have 2 Grovia AIO NB and 4 Alva Baby NB pockets.

I want to get 6 NB/XS covers: either Rumparooz, Thirsties, or Bummis (whatever I find for cute and cheap)

Then I think we're going to use a modified version of the "washcloth prefold" for the newborn stage with a washcloth, a two layer microfiber soaker in the center and a fleece liner on top of the microfiber. I will be able to make 3 dozen of these for less than $15!

Mommy2Be08 07-20-2012 10:24 AM

I don't bother with NB diapers since I don't think they fit long enough and smalls work just as well.

But we have a mix of small BGs small Fuzzi bunz, a drybee, prefolds, and couple prorap covers. Oh and 2 gdiapers.

I won't be adding too much more (maybe a couple more pockets) unless its a girl then I'll want some girls diapers.

ebandive 07-21-2012 04:16 PM

I have 24 BG XS and 24 BG S that I got from the 2nds sale awhile back. After that, I plan to use alva and keep things simple!

ksburgess 07-28-2012 07:19 PM

I have 24 small prefolds and two Imse Vimse wool covers shrunken to around newborn size (I cried after I found one of the kids put them in the dryer!!!).

I'm planning to get some Softbums - I'd like to get 24-36 of the pod liners (probably in bamboo) and then 8-12 shells. I'd use these for the baby and our toddler, with prefolds as backup. Hoping to get a lot of these via FSOT.

I may also get more Imse Vimse covers to replace the shrunken sizes!