Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Any stroller experts? Compact with 50+ lb weight limit (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421213)

Teexie 07-18-2012 03:58 PM

Any stroller experts? Compact with 50+ lb weight limit

DD has outgrown her Chicco Liteway. I'm trying to find another compact stroller with a high weight limit. She is only 14 months so I'd like to make sure she has time to grow into it. She is 40 lbs now. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about the MacLaren Quest. If anyone has one, reviews are welcome!

hpfgirl 07-18-2012 04:25 PM

Re: Any stroller experts? Compact with 50+ lb weight limit

We got a MacLaren on clearance. We love it!

stevensmom 07-18-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teexie
DD has outgrown her Chicco Liteway. I'm trying to find another compact stroller with a high weight limit. She is only 14 months so I'd like to make sure she has time to grow into it. She is 40 lbs now. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking about the MacLaren Quest. If anyone has one, reviews are welcome!

We have a maclearen volo and we love it.

But I have to :headscratch: your 14 mo old is 40lbs?! I thought my dd was a chunky monkey at that age.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

pcjs 07-18-2012 05:25 PM

Both Uppa strollers go up to 50 pounds. They are nice and lightweight and easy to use. I got the Glite as I didn't need the recline.

Mom2Connor 07-18-2012 05:35 PM

A 40 lb 14 month old girl? That just seems nuts...my DS is way up there on the % charts and he is only 30/31 lbs and 36" tall. He's about to turn 2. Are you sure that is accurate?

KaleidoscopeEyes 07-18-2012 05:40 PM

i thought it was a typo but if so i couldnt see why she would be asking about a 50 lbs stroller. all my kids were about 16 lbs at 14 months.

mamashhon 07-18-2012 06:58 PM

We have a First Years Jet stroller that supposedly holds 50lbs. I got it for DS2, who is autistic and strollers are just easier sometimes while I'm wearing 5mo. But I don't really recommend it. It squeaks, seems flimsy, the basket is useless because you can't even GET to it when a child is sitting in the stroller. The shade is also useless. I needed something compact because our van has NO trunk unless you fold the third row down.

mommabritt 07-18-2012 07:39 PM

Yes its accurate. She's posted in other areas about it. So she's a big baby. Let's not make the mama feel bad or awkward though. I know its not typical but were not all cookie cutters either. She's looking for advice on a stroller to accommodate her daughter, not defend her daughters size. :goodvibes:

Eta: Im not trying to be snarky to those who questioned it. My nephew was a very large baby. People always commented and it was always hurtful, I just don't want this mama to feel the way my SIL felt.

That being said, I just trashed my Mac Techno xt after 8 years and bought a new Quest and LOVE it. It's so sturdy. Love the leg extend feature. Canopy could use some size adjusting but its functional. Plus, it's got a nice recline so you dd could sleep laying down if needed during an outing. I think it would fit your needs nicely. :)

Kätzchen 07-18-2012 08:17 PM

Wow. My six year old hasn't hit 40lbs yet. I've never used a stroller, so no advice just, wow! Big girl! :)

luvsviola 07-18-2012 08:53 PM

I love my Triumph! I'm sure you'd love a Quest. They are so light and easy to use.