Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   32 weeks, stabbing pain... help! :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142126)

Jordan~&~Jenna's~mommy 05-04-2007 12:01 PM

32 weeks, stabbing pain... help! :(

I am 32 wks PG. I ended up in L&D last night because of the pain I'm having. They hooked me up and did an internal and after an hour sent me home since I wasn't contracting and baby's heart rate looked good. The problem is... I feel like someone is just stabbing away at my lower belly and the pressure is terrible.

I got home last night and did what they told me to... rest. But still today, no relief. My urine came back - so they said it's not a UTI or bladder infection.. but why won't they help me find out why this is happening?

Just put a call into my Dr and he said I should lay down and do nothing today... yeah, I'm home with 2 kids.. but I try. It STILL hurts when i'm laying down.. especially when I'm sitting and go to stand up... I double over when walking... what is this from?? :( I'm concerned... I know the difference between cramps and stabbing pain... I've had 2 other pregnancies, but my dr doesn't seem concerned at all.

I thought maybe it was gas or I needed to go #2, but no. I've had diareha for 2 days and my dr thinks that's the cause... but man, I've never had pain like this unless I was in labor. WWYD? What do you think this is from? Relief ideas? I HURT!!! :cry:

katiejack 05-04-2007 12:08 PM

Re: 32 weeks, stabbing pain... help! :(

I would be more on the doctor's case about it. I don't know, but, if you were having stabbing pains near your heart area (actually upper rib cage area), I would think it would be a gallbladder attack (I had these and they're horrible). I'm not sure what else it could be (good thing I'm not a dr. - huh?). I'll be sending relief prayers your way. You poor thing. :yuck:

MamaLove 05-04-2007 12:13 PM

Maybe it's the baby kicking the cervix? Maybe some yoga moves like the cat pose would help move the baby to a more comfortable position. (On hands and knees, arching back up and down while tilting pelvis.) I'd try some belly dancing moves, too, like big hip circles, and moving your hips left to right, front and back. Just some ideas that came to my head. I hope it stops soon.:goodvibes:

munchkinflame13 05-04-2007 12:24 PM

A little TMI: I am only 21 weeks now, but I have had 2 nights when I had a couple incidents where I had stabbing pains at night that woke me up and I felt like I had to do a #2, ran to the rr, couldn't go, back to bed, had to go immediately back to rr and then had very runny poo. :yuck: So I think it is very possible it could be your bowel issues that are causing the stabbing pains, because I have experienced it, too, but mine only lasted a couple hours 2 different nights, so it may or may not be the same thing as yours. I hope they figure out what is hurting you and can alleviate it. . .:goodvibes:

2N_MyArms_1N_TheOven 05-04-2007 03:26 PM

If it is Diarreha related maybe some of those meds will help? I was told you can take Immodium when pg, I'd call the dr to double check though. I hope you feel better soon, it sounds miserable:yuck:

jls~Kain~Drake 05-05-2007 06:51 AM

I had stabbing pains at my lower belly for the entire last 1/2 of the pregnancy. The doctors told me it was a nerve. I wasn't happy with that answer because I wanted something to be able to fix it, it was A LOT of pain.