Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Doppler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421383)

finleyjudemommy 07-19-2012 07:12 AM

Doppler

Hey ladies,

How many of you have used a doppler at home? We have one from Babybeat that we rented. We got it last Friday, at 10 weeks and have been able to hear he/she daily but last night and this morning it just seemed so much harder to find....Please tell me that right now it's just going to be hit or miss because baby isn't so big yet??? We heard it for a fleeting moment this morning so I feel ok but also worried a little which I just don't like to feel this way!

Mamma527 07-19-2012 07:30 AM

I used one at home last time, but I was farther along when I had it. So I'm not sure, but I think it sounds normal since it can be hard to pick up so early.

I just bought one and it should be here Friday. Maybe I can be more help then.

Done at 3 07-19-2012 07:35 AM

That early on its totally hit or miss, don't worry. It's still a tiny bean ;)

lalakiwi7 07-19-2012 09:56 AM

Re: Doppler

susan, i have once since I use it for my pts often.... I found our little bean last week and haven't been able to hear the HB since!!! So I feel your pain. I am ten weeks today so I was surprised to even hear anything any way but I wouldn't worry too much before 12 weeks since they are so small and tucked so far down behind the pubic bone it can make it tough. so hard to not worry though I am driving myself nuts trying to just wait to listen again!!!

Hunny Bunny Baby 07-19-2012 01:28 PM

It is very common for it to be hit or miss right now. Try doing it when you have a full bladder...it makes it easier (but less comfortable) to find. I also have always found that my babies like to run away from the doppler...dh thinks the noise bothers them so I wouldn't be surprised if early on when baby has lots of room to wiggle around you get it one second and then lose it the next because baby escapes :)

Ainmemphis 07-19-2012 01:53 PM

I was a few days past 10 weeks when I was at the doctor's office and their dopplar didn't pick up the HB so don't worry its just hard to get sometimes this early!

abhernandez 07-19-2012 02:16 PM

It's totally hit or miss... I can never find it without trying super hard. I've never not found it but sometimes I have to be really patient. Baby has a tendency to hang out in one spot (right side) and I just sort of leave it there until baby bounces into position. And I'll just sort of slant it around in circles and if I can hear it, I'll move it in that direction. And it will be just for a few seconds... the first time I found it I could listen to it for a minute or so (at I think slightly under 10 weeks) but now at 11ish, the s/he moves to much. I know time of day will affect that too... so I say you have nothing to worry about!

finleyjudemommy 07-19-2012 04:13 PM

I've found it 2 times today, thank God! Dh is getting ready to leave for a week and I was a nervous wreck!!!

rachaeljohnson 07-19-2012 06:13 PM

that's precisely why i refuse to buy one

JennTheMomma 07-19-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson (Post 15425674)
that's precisely why i refuse to buy one

Same here, plus I don't think they are safe. I use a fetoscope at 20 weeks and my MW starts using one at 18 weeks. I've always had good luck with that.