Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Healthy Living and Weightloss (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Inexpensive Full Cleanse (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421396)

mommyto3beautifulbabes 07-19-2012 06:58 AM

Inexpensive Full Cleanse

I need an inexpensive full body cleanse, something that will cleanse my colan too. I'm so bloated, constipated, crampy, & literally unable to lose weight. I need help & a good way to completely cleanse all toxins, cravings, & bad junk from my body.

mebl0901 07-19-2012 07:07 AM

Re: Inexpensive Full Cleanse

What kind of diet and exercise are you doing?

I find that I feel best when I eat clean and regularly exercise. If you cut out junk food, processed food and sodas, drink lots of water, and get plenty of exercise, you should start seeing a change in the way you look and feel.

PBAki 07-19-2012 09:41 AM

Cleanse is an abused marketing terminology to make you think you need certain supplements, herbs or combination of both in order to clean your system. There really is no such thing other than eating healthy and exercising.

Like mebl mentioned less processed foods, more whole foods, drinking plenty of fluid and keeping your nutrition balance in check will keep your body in a cleaner state.

If you feel bloated though, you may have excess water retention. Eating foods high in fiber (both soluble/insoluble) will help the body to get rid of such water including balancing your blood sugar level, feel fuller and keep your colon in check. With any fiber and complex foods also, the body takes longer for it to digest so the energy expenditure is much higher (than junk/processed foods) resulting in more calories burned.

Bloating could also indicate you may have intolerance to gluten. I know when I eat any foods with gluten I feel bloated if not weighed down from the food afterwards. Processed gluten is probably by far the worst in terms of feeling bloated. There could be number of issues that would cause such feeling but I would start from there.

If you also don't feel you're getting enough fiber you can always add fiber supplements aside from eating whole foods. Make sure you're hydrated with water throughout the day.

nothingtosee 07-31-2012 11:00 AM

I'm about to start a candida cleanse program with additional oregano oil and vitamin c to help out, I can let you know how it goes. I've got a serious yeast problem that is now affecting everything, so a cleanse and then not getting back into the foods that cause toxicity is important for me.

AcrossTheUniverse 07-31-2012 11:04 AM

If I were you I would do a juice fast. You can do one for as little as 3 days or as long as 2 weeks. You juice mostly green veggies and some fruits.

http://www.jointhereboot.com/plans/

You should watch the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead if you haven't already. It is on Netflix.

snugglesnsunshine 07-31-2012 11:57 AM

stanley burroughs master cleanse. cheap!!!!! not for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers though. I did it for 22 hours and lost 4 pounds. water weight yes. but felt fantastic and did not like the taste of sugar for a few days. (totally weird for me).

doulaK 08-19-2012 12:51 AM

Are you breastfeeding? I just did a 21 day cleanse/body reset that is gentle enough for nursing moms yet effective. Let me know if you'd like more information ;)

Mommieof3monkeys 08-20-2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snugglesnsunshine (Post 15479796)
stanley burroughs master cleanse. cheap!!!!! not for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers though. I did it for 22 hours and lost 4 pounds. water weight yes. but felt fantastic and did not like the taste of sugar for a few days. (totally weird for me).

I think i'm going to attempt this for 10 days. I need to cleanse my colon. Wanna do it with me?

snugglesnsunshine 08-20-2012 10:43 AM

Im ebfing a 5-1/2 month old. I would love to do this for 5-10 days though. I keep losing 5 pounds and gaining it right back. So frustrating.
Do it mama! Youll be amazed at the results.

Mommieof3monkeys 08-20-2012 10:53 AM

I'd love to try it but I don't know psychologically if I can get past the no food part. I know I could do it for 24-48 hours but 10 days would be a miracle. I was thinking about modifying it and adding in a veggie broth but no solid food.