Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone have a "boy" at 17 weeks that turned into a girl later? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421408)

Harmony96 07-19-2012 07:41 AM

Anyone have a "boy" at 17 weeks that turned into a girl later?

I am 17 weeks today, and yesterday, I had an appointment. The doctor sent me for a quick u/s since she couldn't get the HB on the doppler (everything was totally fine). Baby had legs stretched out and crossed at the ankles, and arms up by the head. I saw "something" early in the u/s that looked like a penis, then the tech later saw it, too, and commented that it looks like a boy (after she asked if we were going to find out).

My next u/s is in three weeks, but if it was that obviously a "boy" at 17 weeks, it's not likely to change into a girl, right? :giggle:

Done at 3 07-19-2012 07:51 AM

I've heard of more early ultrasound girls actually being boys than the reverse.

keen1981 07-19-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96
I am 17 weeks today, and yesterday, I had an appointment. The doctor sent me for a quick u/s since she couldn't get the HB on the doppler (everything was totally fine). Baby had legs stretched out and crossed at the ankles, and arms up by the head. I saw "something" early in the u/s that looked like a penis, then the tech later saw it, too, and commented that it looks like a boy (after she asked if we were going to find out).

My next u/s is in three weeks, but if it was that obviously a "boy" at 17 weeks, it's not likely to change into a girl, right? :giggle:

Yes! :)

JeDeeLenae 07-19-2012 08:10 AM

I don't think it's very likely, as long as you had a good tech. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

jackyl08 07-19-2012 08:33 AM

Re: Anyone have a "boy" at 17 weeks that turned into a girl later?

DS was measuring 17wks at my 18wk u/s and he was obviously a boy! Like OBVIOUS BOY. The tech was all, "oh, it could be swollen labia" and I said, "nope, I have a girl. THAT is NOT a girl!". Yup, he is all boy!

cristy_1996 07-19-2012 08:34 AM

I would say it is a boy but maybe you should post a pic so we can see if you have one! DS1 was obviously a boy, DS2 I was a little skeptical but was in fact a boy..lol.

Harmony96 07-19-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristy_1996 (Post 15423151)
I would say it is a boy but maybe you should post a pic so we can see if you have one! DS1 was obviously a boy, DS2 I was a little skeptical but was in fact a boy..lol.

The only two pics I have don't show anything, lol. And it wasn't really an u/s to look for gender, anyway, just the heartbeat. But this little "guy" was apparently neither shy nor modest, lol. I'm still going to put "he" and "him" in quotes when I talk about the baby until it's confirmed at our reveal party, but I'm pretty sure that my thinking from conception that it was a boy is correct. :giggle:

I'm a little sad b/c I had the perfect girl name picked out for our rainbow - Joanna Mercy. Oh well, maybe next time.

JeDeeLenae 07-19-2012 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harmony96

The only two pics I have don't show anything, lol. And it wasn't really an u/s to look for gender, anyway, just the heartbeat. But this little "guy" was apparently neither shy nor modest, lol. I'm still going to put "he" and "him" in quotes when I talk about the baby until it's confirmed at our reveal party, but I'm pretty sure that my thinking from conception that it was a boy is correct. :giggle:

I'm a little sad b/c I had the perfect girl name picked out for our rainbow - Joanna Mercy. Oh well, maybe next time.

Well, there's always Jonah. :)

Blonde_mama 07-19-2012 09:42 AM

I don't think it's likely to change into a girl. With my son, it was at my 18 week when they told me it would be a boy. With my daughter it was around week 20 when they told me.. My gynecologist also told me that it could be known from week 16. Before the 16th week of gestation it would be impossible to distinguish the gender...
- Don't you like Jonah, Jordan or Joey;-)?

shortcake2386 07-19-2012 09:43 AM

our u/s with ds was at 16 weeks and he stayed a boy:) we were told youngest dd was a girl at 15 weeks:thumbsup: