Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   morning sickness vanishing? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421563)

MrsS 07-19-2012 01:01 PM

morning sickness vanishing?

I have had bad morning sickness from end of week 5 till yesterday week 8. I had been vomiting several times a day the past 2 days. This morning I am eating more regular food and more than I normally eat. It's so weird. I'm not vomiting and I feel so much better.

Now I'm worried I'm miscarrying! I keep researching vanishing pregnancy symptoms and came up that some women miscarry but their bodies don't bleed for a while and they don't know till they can't hear the heart beat. We are going through a birth center and our first apt. is at 10 weeks and that's when they try to hear the HB with a doppler. Now I'm so nervous to wait 2 weeks.

Should I call my regular doctor and ask for an US?

My_Tree_Grows 07-19-2012 01:29 PM

Re: morning sickness vanishing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsS (Post 15424534)
I have had bad morning sickness from end of week 5 till yesterday week 8. I had been vomiting several times a day the past 2 days. This morning I am eating more regular food and more than I normally eat. It's so weird. I'm not vomiting and I feel so much better.

Now I'm worried I'm miscarrying! I keep researching vanishing pregnancy symptoms and came up that some women miscarry but their bodies don't bleed for a while and they don't know till they can't hear the heart beat. We are going through a birth center and our first apt. is at 10 weeks and that's when they try to hear the HB with a doppler. Now I'm so nervous to wait 2 weeks.

Should I call my regular doctor and ask for an US?

Nono, don't worry, Mama! Vanishing pregnancy symptoms are NOT a reliable predictor of miscarriage, they're a subtle shift which is more likely to be noticed after the fact. An early ultrasound also won't change the situation for the better, if there was any real issue at 8 weeks, KWIM? Unless you started to really bleed red, I would be patient and enjoy your ability to function during early pregnancy. :)

jmoon 07-19-2012 01:35 PM

ddc, but I had a few days earlier in this pregnancy (I am 15 weeks) when I felt good and I freaked out too! Just wait a day, and I am sure the pukiness will be back :)

MrsS 07-19-2012 01:47 PM

Sigh! Oh to have more patience and less worry. There's something about pregnancy that brings out the worry. Thanks for the advice!

MrsS 07-19-2012 01:47 PM

Sigh! Oh to have more patience and less worry. There's something about pregnancy that brings out the worry. Thanks for the advice!

abunchoflemons 07-19-2012 02:16 PM

I haven't really had any 3rd time around which is great & got a heartbeat.some don't get any symptoms even tiredness like me.... It just sometimes diminishes. I did with my first 2 but from 6 weeks into I think 2nd tri with both was length of my rollercoastger morning symptoms.

JasmineMama 07-19-2012 02:21 PM

DDC crashing, I have really bad morning (all-day) sickness the whole way to the halfway mark (if not beyond) but I always do get 1-2 day breaks here and there. I hear it is the shifting of hormone levels. Whatever it is, I try to enjoy the little break because I know the pukiness will be back stronger than ever.

rachaeljohnson 07-19-2012 05:12 PM

I was just thinking the same thing but i have been eating different and exercising again...i know around 9 weeks the placenta takes over and that is when symptoms tend to start fading.

I had a missed miscarriage. Had an u/s at 8.5 and all was fine, went for a hb check at 12 and baby was dead. It was aweful...but honestly my symptoms hadn't vanished with that one. I think calling and expressing your fears and seeing if they will reassure you would be understandable...but i also think a day or 2 break is pretty normal and if the feeling better is allowing you to eat and act differently, your changes may be keeping the sickies away. Hugs

3princesses+1 07-19-2012 05:21 PM

I'll be 12 weeks Saturday (yeah!!!) and I'm noticing the m/s is starting to be more intermittent vs. all day, so I am hopeful that it will be ending soon.

brookglen 07-19-2012 05:28 PM

I'm 11 weeks any my symptoms have been clearing up since about week 10. I would not worry. The sickness still comes and goes.