Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Anyone else getting burned out? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1421821)

keonli 07-20-2012 07:31 AM

Anyone else getting burned out?

I'm really not motivated to work and go home to cook and clean. I need a break! :banghead:

joyous 07-21-2012 10:33 PM

Yes, and I've only been a working mom for three weeks! It's hard. I feel like I have no time. I want to give all of my free time to my daughter, but then nothing gets done.

I'm trying to find a balance.

flynnsmom 07-21-2012 10:37 PM

Re: Anyone else getting burned out?

So burnt out. Luckily I am a teacher and it is summer. Work is just grueling though when trying to keep up a household and spend quality time with your family.

nbert921 07-23-2012 01:51 PM

this is me! I tell my husband i'm so burnt out and i need a break. it just makes me feel selfish because i don't see my daughter all day. Sometimes i just need me time. he's a golfer so every weekend he gets a solid 4-5 hours of me time on the golf course then for a drink with the guys after. i just need the same refresher once and a while! its like 2 full time jobs!

Holly dolly 07-23-2012 02:06 PM

Oh me me me!! I feel exactly the same way! I love my job and I enjoy working...but sometimes I get so overwhelmed with all my responsibilities at home too! My dh isn't nearly as much help as I'd like because he has his own full plate. Some days things just don't get done...like right now there is a sinkful of dishes to be washed and none of the beds got made.

I try to be organized...but I REALLY have to work at it...which exhausts me even more! I desperately need to do some menu plans again so my even can be somewhat balanced.

wlillie 07-23-2012 06:28 PM

Yep. And I'm just about to be done with 7 weeks of maternity leave. I didn't get a chance to catch up on the projects I've been working on for the last two years just getting the house back to really clean and the kids taken care of. :banghead: Can't wait to have everything start piling up again. We hired a nanny who said she'd do light housecleaning but dh doesn't think it's fair to ask her to do anything that's not for the kids. :cry: I would have loved having her do the dishes and vacuum and mop the floors (both of which she said she was fine with once a week!).

sweetsunrise 07-23-2012 06:33 PM

ME! It makes me wish I was a SAHM:( One day hopefully! I just do one day at time though, literally:) If I'm set for the next day, I'm happy.

L J 07-23-2012 06:37 PM

Yes. I have only been a working mama again for a couple of week, but I'm struggling. I'm working 6 day weeks, and dd wants to nurse for hours when I come home. I let her out of guilt, but I'm feeling kind of suffocated. Then, I spend the rest of the time with the big kid, playing 5yo boy games. I haven't put laundry up since I started to work. I'm completely overwhelmed.

wordmama 07-23-2012 06:47 PM

I've been living this for the past six years. I highly recommend getting a cleaner to do a deep, thorough clean once a week (I like Fridays so I can enjoy my clean house all weekend)! My DH smokes, so I told him that my cleaner cost less than his smoking so unless he wants to cut both out of the budget, we're keeping her. It's my only indulgence!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

keonli 07-24-2012 06:42 AM

I think my problem is that I never seemed to catch a break at all. I started working full time straight after college, had my son within a year, got our own home and added 60 miles a day to my commute. Now I'm 20 weeks pregnant and it's just getting to me!

I hardly have time to go out and hang with friends or do anything on my own because DH works nights while I work days.

I'm starting to feel mentally and physically drained. And it stinks when work is slow (which is my time to be on DS) because there's so much I could be doing at home!