Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   WWYD....Leaking Dipe? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142187)

mom2madison06 05-04-2007 01:43 PM

WWYD....Leaking Dipe?

Ok, so one of the diapers I bought recently off the FSOT leaks. I mean, leaks. Even if the inserts is only a little wet, her bum is soaked. I think maybe the PUL is not working? IDK...It's a Happy Heiny's Print. Does the fabric need to be re-waterproofed? I'm a little upset I wasn't told about the poor state of it's waterproof-ness before purchasing it, but what can I do about it now that I've got it? Has anyone else had this problem? Suggestions? :headscratch:

Gray's Mommy 05-04-2007 03:36 PM

Re: WWYD....Leaking Dipe?

I don't have an answer, but have had the same problem. I would love to know how to fix these dipes.

cynbu 05-04-2007 03:54 PM

Maybe you could try a waterproofing spray that you find at a camping store. I have never done that, but I am pretty sure I have seen other mamas post about this before. I have used it on my blankets for my horses when they start to leak and it has always worked. Hopefully someone here will have an idea. Sorry I'm not much help, but good luck!

mom2madison06 05-04-2007 07:52 PM

Thanks, Mamas! Maybe I will try and find the spray...Anyone know where you can find it?

Susannah M 05-04-2007 08:08 PM

don't know about the waterproofing spray but from what i've heard the print HH need to be changed much quicker than the solids (not to say you aren't changing baby often enough, just trying to "think outloud" here). are you sure that the fleece isn't repelling? do you have other HH that do not have this problem?

mom2madison06 05-04-2007 08:11 PM

I'm pretty sure the fleece isn't repelling, although I'm not sure what would happen if it was...The insert appears to be wet, and I don't have any other dipes repelling, and they're all washed/dried the same. The PUL on the inside looks like it has little bubbles in it?

Susannah M 05-04-2007 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2madison06 (Post 1042915)
The PUL on the inside looks like it has little bubbles in it?

then i would bet that it is just the dipe. personally i would send the seller a PM and explain what is going on - ask to send it back for a refund or a partial refund, etc.

joycemama_6 05-04-2007 08:25 PM

Have you tried stripping the diaper of any buildup that it might have? Washing it in the dishwasher or on hot several times might do the trick. I know there have been threads about stripping diapers here lately.:thumbsup:

ndunn 05-04-2007 08:27 PM

Happy Heinys are known to have problems with their prints more than the solids. I find mine are fine as long as I keep them from having build up and stuff them with the appropriate amount of inserts. I find hemp inserts work much better, maybe try 2 hemp inserts?