Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Could i... ? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422016)

Mom2brynlee 07-20-2012 05:39 PM

Purchase diapers say via BRU and have them shipped directly to a buyer? We just returned a bunch of stuff that we got for our baby shower and in addition got a bunch of gift cards. I added it all up today and For BRU alone it's well over $700. I know that BRU has flips, gdiapers and BG pockets but I don't really care for any of these diapers and have no use for that much store credit. I was wondering if someone Paypaled me for say $5 off of the sale price if I could do a sell or trade that way or if that is a big no-no and I need to just order these diapers and get them in and pray someone will buy them? Thanks!

Fishie Kisses 07-20-2012 05:42 PM

Re: Could i... ?

you would be more likely to just sell the gift cards and credit for slightly less than their value. I personally would not make a purchase the way you described, nor as a buyer or seller, as there is no protection. And for you as the seller it's even worse because even if they send it as goods, there will be no way for you to prove delivery for that transaction and someone could file a claim and win

Mom2brynlee 07-20-2012 06:05 PM

Okay. So could I sell the cards on the ISO forums?

Mom2brynlee 07-20-2012 06:07 PM

Or is there no protection there either? That's what worries me is that I will sell the card for say $40 for a $50 card and the buyer claim that I did not send a $50 card. Kwim?? I dunno. Does that happen?

abunchoflemons 07-20-2012 06:21 PM

U just have to prove if file claimed u sent stuff & when. I know packages are easy but u could require a signiture to get as proof.....

Harmony96 07-20-2012 06:44 PM

Selling the gift cards themselves would be the way to go. Doing diapers through a third party like that would be attempting to sell items that aren't in hand, and is against the site rules.

Re: verification of the value of the card, you could send a screen shot of where you checked the balance at the time of the PP transaction showing the buyer the balance. When they get the card, they would have full access to the history of transactions and could know if the balance really was current or not.

Mom2brynlee 07-20-2012 06:57 PM

Okay. One more thing re gift cards. After pp is sent and I do the screen shot, could I send the buyer the card information so they can use it immediately? Or just send the card in the mail without sending the information for immediate use?

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-20-2012 07:20 PM

You can do both BUT make sure you put dc on it and so it can't be sent as a letter for .44 stamp, you'd have to use a mailer and toss a packing peanut or something in to make it thicker so dc can be used. DC is for your proof and protection.

keen1981 07-20-2012 07:24 PM

I mail it. I honestly don't want anymore issues than need be. Waiting a few days for a card, shouldn't be an issue.

Harmony96 07-20-2012 08:31 PM

Mailing would be better so that there's no chance of the GC/pin number being typoed when sent to the buyer. And definitely ditto what Sally said about sending it as a "package" so you can get DC on it.