Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   just ordered my Lea's Shield! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422253)

ma-meem 07-21-2012 01:26 PM

just ordered my Lea's Shield!

Hi ladies...I'm 9 months pp and still BF a LOT...my cycles have not returned yet. I've been trying to find something non-hormonal and *think I've found the solution to work for us.
I just ordered the Lea's Shield and will use that in conjunction with NFP and spermicide (made by me with aloe vera and lemon juice).
Any of you ladies have experience with the Lea's Shield? I know it doesn't work for everyone, but after a lot of research between the Lea's Shield and FemCap determined that the LS is way more effective for multi-parus mamas like myself.
thanks!!

tibeca 07-21-2012 03:51 PM

Re: just ordered my Lea's Shield!

I had never heard of this. I hated my diaphragm because it realized too much "work." I'd probably hate this too. Good luck!

titania 07-28-2012 09:51 PM

never heard of it! have you gotten it yet? what do you think? i'm intrigued by your homemade spermicide! never thought of that! cool. do you make a batch of it and keep it in the fridge? or...bedroom?

ma-meem 07-29-2012 03:30 PM

I'm still waiting for the Lea's Shield! it's coming from Germany, so I probably have another week or so (Ordered 1.5 weeks ago).

Got these from the Susan Weed site for natural spermicides. The first one is what I'm using, and according to women in the group I'm part of it's equally effective to nonoxynol-9 spermicides. Don't store it in your bedroom...the aloe vera gel gets "runny" if left out and hard to work with :)

Recipe #1
* 1 TBS (20ml) pure Aloe Vera
* 4 drops lemon juice from a fresh lemon (do not use bottled or processed lemon
juice)
Mix well and store in the fridge up to two weeks. Can be freezer stored for up to 6 months.

Recipe #2
• Lemon juice (14 drops)
• Honey (NOT regular 'toast' honey, the raw kind)
• Cornstarch (tsp.)

stayinhomewithmy6 07-29-2012 11:31 PM

You'll have to update us when you get your Lea's Shield. I have also never heard of it, but am intrigued! Just a side note, don't ever trust spermicide alone. I have an 8 and a 9 yr old that were "spermicide babies" (the nonoxynol-9 kind). You'd think we would have learned our lesson the first time, but nope! They're 13 months apart, lol.

ma-meem 07-30-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stayinhomewithmy6 (Post 15472526)
You'll have to update us when you get your Lea's Shield. I have also never heard of it, but am intrigued! Just a side note, don't ever trust spermicide alone. I have an 8 and a 9 yr old that were "spermicide babies" (the nonoxynol-9 kind). You'd think we would have learned our lesson the first time, but nope! They're 13 months apart, lol.

it came today! yay :) I put it in and cannot feel it AT ALL! let's hope dh won't be able to either :wink:

and I would never trust spermicide alone...from what I've read it's about 72% effective used alone! I plan on using it in conjunction with the Lea's Shield...that 's suppose to be 98% effective together.

Faithsa 01-27-2013 02:06 AM

Hi, I just ran across your post. How did the Lea's shield work out for you? Did your hubby feel it?

TryingHard 01-27-2013 05:40 AM

Excuse my ignorance But what is this Lea shields? Where can I read about it?
Thanks

Faithsa 01-27-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TryingHard (Post 16211615)
Excuse my ignorance But what is this Lea shields? Where can I read about it?
Thanks

I just googled it. :)

bmacnak 02-10-2013 02:18 PM

How do u use the homemade spermicide? Do u inject it vaginally before intercourse? Timeline for effectiveness??