Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Measuring behind... could the baby still be okay? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422396)

rahhlady 07-21-2012 08:32 PM

Measuring behind... could the baby still be okay?

So... I went in at 7 weeks 6 days [a week before my viability scan] because I was cramping a LOT. The doctor did a transvaginal US and saw only a fetal pole inside of a 6 week sac. He told me since I had taken a pregnancy test on the 18th of June and gotten my BFP [this scan was on July 11th] that it was unlikely my baby would make it, but to come back for my other scan as we had scheduled before scheduling a D&C.

Fast forward a week. I go in for my scan, OBVIOUSLY expecting the worse. He starts the ultrasound... and I see a flicker. He tells me there is a heartbeat and he cannot believe it. He said that I must have gotten pregnant later than I though, but cannot explain the fact that I know my O date and the fact that I got a positive pregnancy test over 4 weeks ago.

Has ANYONE else had this happen? If so, what happened? I am of course praying for a miracle, but I have lost so many babies that it's hard. I go back on 8/2 and I am also waiting on some blood tests.

abunchoflemons 07-21-2012 10:16 PM

Re: Measuring behind... could the baby still be okay?

I had lots of cframping this time & went in at 6 weeks & I was good no blood tho. So suspect trying to miscarry but baby stayed. I got heartbeat then & not yet 10 weeks & got the heart beat at regular exxam.

abunchoflemons 07-21-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons (Post 15435333)
I had lots of cframping this time & went in at 6 weeks & I was good no blood tho. So suspect trying to miscarry but baby stayed. I got heartbeat then & not yet 10 weeks & got the heart beat at regular exxam.

I forgot to finish... my second at 30 to 33 weeks was behind & was ok but that's only part I remember. I am on #3.

keen1981 07-21-2012 10:26 PM

Me! Something very similiar. The sac measured a week smaller than it should. Next ultrasound it measured spot on. With my bean :)

hollyecat 07-21-2012 10:31 PM

I have a good friend who had something similar happen. Her baby measured a few weeks behind her uterus in size. It's like her body thought it was preggo before she was actually preggo. They went to do a d&c and by fluke found a heartbeat! Thank God they checked! Her baby is a almost 18 months now. Strange things happen all the time in pregnancy. Hope for the best and prepare for the worst. Pray a lot too!

marliah 07-22-2012 10:16 AM

I have read so many stories that started like this then the baby was fine. Early ultrasounds seem to cause more stress than anything else :hugs: I agree with praying! Pray and wait, I wouldn't write this little one off! I so hope this one stays for you momma, have been thinking about you with the July mommas having babies.

rahhlady 07-22-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marliah (Post 15436503)
I have read so many stories that started like this then the baby was fine. Early ultrasounds seem to cause more stress than anything else :hugs: I agree with praying! Pray and wait, I wouldn't write this little one off! I so hope this one stays for you momma, have been thinking about you with the July mommas having babies.

Thank you. Crazy to think my baby was due yesterday and I have lost another one since I lost that one.

sarchamar 07-22-2012 01:19 PM

Do you have a retroverted uterus, by any chance? Lots of things can interfere with visualizing and measuring the sac and fetal pole this early, but I know that's a big one.

joeslittlewoman 07-22-2012 03:38 PM

My babies measure behind and have a later than expected heartbeat (around 8 weeks), but by 11 or 13 weeks they measure ahead and stay ahead.

ashley84 07-22-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarchamar (Post 15437157)
Do you have a retroverted uterus, by any chance? Lots of things can interfere with visualizing and measuring the sac and fetal pole this early, but I know that's a big one.

I was going to point this out too. I have heard of a few ladies that have measured behind like you have for their first few months. Often they can't even find a baby on early ultrasounds. As the pregnancy progresses, the ability to see the baby and measure it normally increases and eventually they measure right on.