Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Weekly Chat July 23rd (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1422857)

bohemianxchaos 07-23-2012 06:48 AM

Weekly Chat July 23rd

Figured I might as well start a new week for us. :)
PS, I'm too lazy to dig, and since I've been hanging around more, what's the link to the FB page (if ya'll dont mind?)?

Yesterday was interesting for me. I've started into my month-long period of prodomal labor, and I forgot how UNFUN that is.
I wen to the MW yesterday afternoon and after belly mapping for an eternity, she's pretty confident of the same thing I've been thinking -- baby is totally sunny side up. I've had two natural births, and my first was a sunny side up baby. So I know it's doable, but I'm totally stinkin' afraid now. Mostly because *whine* its gonna hurrrrrt *whine*

Also finalized the "how far are you comfortable with me travelling for other appointments" talk with her, as she sees a large area of clients. I told her my goal is to at least give her a 2 hour warning :giggle: we'll see.

It's kind of weird to think I'm having the giving birth conversations already. It's weird to think I'm almost 36 weeks. I guess with having pregnancies so close, I'm having a hard time transitioning my 18 mo old from "the baby" to "big brother"? Cause he's totally still my baby :wub:

Anyway, weekly chiro today, and then I think it'll be a simple day of little chores and nothing huge. I'm really tired today.

Man, I'm going on and on here. Good morning. How's everyone else doing?

1healthylady 07-23-2012 07:14 AM

Re: Weekly Chat July 23rd

Tomorrow will be 35 weeks for me. 2 more weeks and we can deliver at home. I'm hoping this baby decides to stay in there the whole 5 weeks left though. I was feeling great until I hit 34 weeks and then BAM: back pain again, infection, constipation, so tired. It's like my whole body decided to revolt all at once. I think I'm having BH too. They don't hurt at all, but the whole top part of my belly gets really tight for about 20-30 seconds and then relaxes. It's been happening a couple times a day.

It's weird to think this baby could be here anytime, and then our lives will be forever changed. I keep trying to have non-baby conversations with DH, but can't really think of anything else. Yesterday we talked about car seats on our way to church and how we're going to coordinate that when I go back to work.

I have my monthly chiro appt today. Thinking about scheduling them more regularly from here on out. Maybe have another in a couple weeks. If I wait 4 weeks then I'll already be 39 weeks.

Happy Monday!

wordbox 07-23-2012 07:43 AM

Paula, I had this bookmarked from a few days ago, not sure where I saw it but maybe it will be useful?

http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/chil...eriorlabor.htm

My son was sunny side up... I got stuck at 6cm and he couldn't fully engage and I stopped progressing, so we gave pitocin a shot to avoid a c-section. Luckily it worked (and he turned) so I was able to deliver him vaginally. But yeah, the back labor was awful, and going through so many hours with no progress was really demotivating. I felt so defeated. Thank goodness it all worked out okay and we ended up with a nice birth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1healthylady (Post 15440049)
Tomorrow will be 35 weeks for me. 2 more weeks and we can deliver at home. I'm hoping this baby decides to stay in there the whole 5 weeks left though. I was feeling great until I hit 34 weeks and then BAM: back pain again, infection, constipation, so tired. It's like my whole body decided to revolt all at once. I think I'm having BH too. They don't hurt at all, but the whole top part of my belly gets really tight for about 20-30 seconds and then relaxes. It's been happening a couple times a day.

It's weird to think this baby could be here anytime, and then our lives will be forever changed. I keep trying to have non-baby conversations with DH, but can't really think of anything else. Yesterday we talked about car seats on our way to church and how we're going to coordinate that when I go back to work.

I have my monthly chiro appt today. Thinking about scheduling them more regularly from here on out. Maybe have another in a couple weeks. If I wait 4 weeks then I'll already be 39 weeks.

Happy Monday!

If we have a third child, I will definitely get regular chiropractic care. My lower back, hip, and pelvis pain has been excruciating at times.

I'm also caught in the "omg anytime" thoughts... it's so weird to think about. Like, my water could break the next time I stand up, and maybe this time I'll have a fast labor, and really, it could be just a matter of hours before a baby is here. That's a scary thought! Especially since my husband travels a lot for work. Today he'll be 2.5 hours away. What if he's gone, and I can't get a hold of my mom (who will be watching our son, but she still works and whatnot). I'm trying not to stress about these things, but you just never know.

I'll be 38 weeks tomorrow. With my son, my water broke at 38 weeks 3 days and I delivered him the next night. Even if this baby isn't early, it's weird to think that, no matter what, it's only going to be about 2 more weeks. That's not much time at all!

I'm having some labor symptoms, but they're those tricky ones that don't mean a whole lot, haha. I had a lot of contractions this weekend and was achier than usual, but the contractions always went away. My fingers are crossed for this weekend.

mommato4kids 07-23-2012 07:54 AM

I can't believe it's so close to baby time. I'll be 38 on Wed and can hardly wrap my head around it. My last 3 babies have all been 39 weekers so if that's the case I have a little over 1 week. CRAZY!! I'm hoping to make it to closer to 40 this time but we'll see!! I'm so excited to find out if it's a boy or girl too!!

I had my ob apt this morning and baby had turned and is now head down!! I'm hoping for a VBA2C so this is such great news!!!!

bohemianxchaos 07-23-2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordbox (Post 15440175)

I'm having some labor symptoms, but they're those tricky ones that don't mean a whole lot, haha. I had a lot of contractions this weekend and was achier than usual, but the contractions always went away. My fingers are crossed for this weekend.

Thanks for the link, totally gonna start doing some pelvic tilts and talkin' to the baby. I bookmarked it so I can come back to it. I know I still have lots of time to convince the baby to roll.. It's so funny that out of all the things to make me nervous, THIS is it. LOL. Natural birth? No biggie. Homebirthing? No biggie. Ring of fire? BTDT. Sunny side up? OH NOOOOOOO. Cancel this order, changed my mind, no baby for me! :giggle:

I tried to talk my chiro into helping me out but he said he's not sure what more he can do since my back is fused and he's adjusting my pelvis already at each visit. Oy. Come on, baby. Don't be difficult.

Oh mannn, its starting to rain and my diapers are out on the line.

wordbox 07-23-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommato4kids (Post 15440220)
I can't believe it's so close to baby time. I'll be 38 on Wed and can hardly wrap my head around it. My last 3 babies have all been 39 weekers so if that's the case I have a little over 1 week. CRAZY!! I'm hoping to make it to closer to 40 this time but we'll see!! I'm so excited to find out if it's a boy or girl too!!

I had my ob apt this morning and baby had turned and is now head down!! I'm hoping for a VBA2C so this is such great news!!!!

Great news! How wonderful! :)

As much as I love being team green, I am dying to find out if this baby is a boy or girl. It was much easier to not find out with our first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bohemianxchaos (Post 15440683)
Thanks for the link, totally gonna start doing some pelvic tilts and talkin' to the baby. I bookmarked it so I can come back to it. I know I still have lots of time to convince the baby to roll.. It's so funny that out of all the things to make me nervous, THIS is it. LOL. Natural birth? No biggie. Homebirthing? No biggie. Ring of fire? BTDT. Sunny side up? OH NOOOOOOO. Cancel this order, changed my mind, no baby for me! :giggle:

I tried to talk my chiro into helping me out but he said he's not sure what more he can do since my back is fused and he's adjusting my pelvis already at each visit. Oy. Come on, baby. Don't be difficult.

Oh mannn, its starting to rain and my diapers are out on the line.

I don't blame you one bit! So far I've been able to feel this baby's butt easily, so I'm hoping it doesn't decide to turn a bit... I would be really upset if I found this one was sunny side up as well. It's really frustrating and really painful. If this one stays in a nice position, it will be really interesting to compare the two labors. My fingers are crossed for you! Hope some of those exercises and positions help.

mama2seth&trey 07-23-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordbox (Post 15440175)

I'm also caught in the "omg anytime" thoughts... it's so weird to think about. Like, my water could break the next time I stand up, and maybe this time I'll have a fast labor, and really, it could be just a matter of hours before a baby is here.

I keep having the OMG anytime thouht and afraid that my water will actually break bigtime this time, not just a trickle while at work. :D We will see. Maybe it will happen while crowning. Ya never know. I hope labor doesn't start while at work because I work nights and would love a good bit of sleep before hand.
Oh... got some packaes today. :D Enough knit prints for around 50 diapers plus extras(many ooga booga's), 7 diapers, and 4 wool covers. Got such great deals too. I spent all of 40 for the diapers and wools and $49 for all of the fabric.

wordbox 07-23-2012 03:30 PM

Yeah, I'm scared to go out in public now because I don't want my water to break while I'm in a store or something, haha. I know for most people it's just a trickle at first, or it happens when they're already in labor for awhile, but with my son it happened very suddenly and I was lucky that I was wrapped up in a blanket at home (had just woken up from a nap) because it came GUSHING. It makes me want to pick up some Depends to wear when I have to leave the house, lol.

My fingers are crossed that my water doesn't break right away this time. I didn't like being on a timeline and having to spend so much time at the hospital... real contractions didn't kick in for quite a few hours after my water broke. I want to labor at home for at least a little while!

mommato4kids 07-23-2012 04:07 PM

With all 5 of my pregnancies it has broken at home and has been a BIG gush, even when my water suddenly broke with dd#2 at 28 weeks. I kind of just expect it to break again this time around and I'm hoping that my pattern of being at home when it breaks still stays true!!

mommato4kids 07-23-2012 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordbox (Post 15442485)

My fingers are crossed that my water doesn't break right away this time. I didn't like being on a timeline and having to spend so much time at the hospital... real contractions didn't kick in for quite a few hours after my water broke. I want to labor at home for at least a little while!

That's what happens to me every time...

I kind of think it will happen again but I'm hoping for some contractions before hand!!