Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So if F&C detergent is bad... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14231)

ramoth7 06-14-2006 07:41 AM

So if F&C detergent is bad...

what do you use? I haven't gotten any of my diapers yet so wonder what detergent to buy... I'm going to try: FBs, bG!, HH, and SBs...

Thanks!

aimeemarie 06-14-2006 07:42 AM

Re: So if F&C detergent is bad...

Allen's Naturally!!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is OT, but your screenname is familiar.

offlikeapromdress 06-14-2006 07:46 AM

I used sportswash for the first year and just switched to the Sam's club detergent. Here is a link to the best detergents to use.

Luvmybabies 06-14-2006 07:47 AM

I use Allens Naturally :)

Minniebees 06-14-2006 07:53 AM

I think you can use Purex Free and Clear. I use Sportwash, it has no scent or dye added.

Termie 06-14-2006 07:56 AM

I use Sun, but after this bottle (used it for 3.5mo) I'm going to use a bottle of Sportwash. And when that's gone I'll likely go back to the Sun for a bottle.

TOTALLY use Sarah's detergent list. Sarah (of PinStripes where the link is from) ROCKS!!! She's my local diaper lady and has become a good friend! If you have questions and like some of her brands email her or give the shop a call. She is in the CD world b/c she genuinely loves cloth, kids' bum/skin health, creating her wool, and helping people with all of the above!!

ANYWAY, back to detergent, some mamas switch detergents every load with the 2 or 3 they keep on hand. Every detergent (chemicals) affects fibers differently. So the idea behind switching is that the dipes stay clean and buildup free so long as each one you use is good for dipes in the first place. :)

wbkt8 06-14-2006 07:59 AM

i used all f&c for a long time, but i have mainly fitteds. i definitely wouldn't not recommend f&c det. if you're using pockets. i use super washing soda now.

masonite 06-14-2006 09:24 AM

I use Sun and I've never had any problems with it! It's super cheap and readily available (for me, anyway!).

:) The link the pp gave you is awesome--it'll totally help you out!

ramoth7 06-14-2006 09:47 PM

Thank you! :happyclap: And if my handle is familar, you may know me from epreg... I'm addicted to that site! :D :lostit:

ocean_o_curls 06-14-2006 11:14 PM

ive heard good things about charlies soap i ordered some free shipping