Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Flips vs SoftBums (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423104)

AuMaMe 07-23-2012 03:51 PM

Flips vs SoftBums

I have some Flip covers and Stay-Dry inserts as well as prefolds. Not really loving them though. LO seems to be a pretty heavy wetter and the Stay-Dry insert is sopping wet at each diaper change. I wipe off the cover, but I don't like that the PUL touches LO's bum with these inserts. Prefolds are better because I can fan them out, but they bunch in the front so I get the reverse problem.

I have been looking at SoftBums and they seem really great. I'm just concerned that if LO is such a heavy wetter than I won't be able to reuse the covers because these can't be wiped clean. Anyone have both of these diapers? Reviews? Comparisons?

breefawn 07-23-2012 04:03 PM

I've been using Softbums for two years with my heavy wetter, and we love them!! I use bamboo inserts, and set the covers to 'dry' between changes. I haven't used Flips, but I think they're worth a try for you! LMK if I can answer any specifics :thumbsup:

greencrunchymama 07-23-2012 04:05 PM

Re: Flips vs SoftBums

You could also look at Bummis Super Whisper Wraps, as they don't have exposed PUL. :)

AuMaMe 07-23-2012 04:08 PM

breefawn - Do your covers get damp after each use? Or do the inserts stay dry on the bottom?

breefawn 07-23-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuMaMe
breefawn - Do your covers get damp after each use? Or do the inserts stay dry on the bottom?

Most of the time, the bottom of the insert is slightly damp, and the cover is dry or very slightly damp. If the cover smells like pee at all, it gets washed. On the rare occasion that DS avoids a change (being watched by DH, usually) and pees twice, the cover will get wet, but that happens very infrequently :) Did that help?? I love, love, love our diapers.

lynn97 07-23-2012 04:46 PM

Have you tried Flip organic inserts? I like them much, much better (not a fan of the stay drys as they move a lot and aren't very absorbent). The organic inserts are super absorbent but they are bulkier. Still, it sounds like you might be in the market for something complete different.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

AuMaMe 07-23-2012 05:53 PM

I have not tried the organic inserts. Maybe I should before I give up.

As far as the SoftBums go, do you like the Echo or Omni? I'm leaning towards Omni because it gives you so many options, but would love some first hand opinions.

breefawn 07-23-2012 05:59 PM

Echo for day, and the omni is my night dips. I stuff it with an infant insert And add a bamboo pod :) works like a charm!

bigeyedfish 07-23-2012 06:06 PM

Softbums makes really nice covers, but I personally hated their inserts. I much prefer the Flip inserts.

mommy24babes 07-23-2012 07:23 PM

Love softbum omnis as covers.
I also like pad folded flats in flip covers. Easier to size to my need and keep the pul from touching babe.