Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What's a User requested ban? and why? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423116)

Umm_Ibraheem 07-23-2012 04:13 PM

What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
It SEEMS self explanatory that the user requested to be voluntarily banned, but why? I've noticed that SOME of the ones who have "User requested ban" on their siggy have like 1,000+ posts or tens and tens of feedback so I was wondering WHY would they chose to be voluntarily banned?

I guess because I'm getting to know the community and would HATE to start over that I just don't get it.

Anyone care to explain it to me?

stevensmom 07-23-2012 04:16 PM

Because they feel like they've been on here too much and their family life is suffering.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

TooBusyBearcubs 07-23-2012 05:46 PM

Re: What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 15442706)
Because they feel like they've been on here too much and their family life is suffering.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

Yup, that.
I've seen a bunch of posts where current mamas are kind of assuming that mamas with URBs are trying to throw a public fit. I'm sure that sometimes that is the case, but I think it is probably more likely that many of them are just trying to cut back on internet time.
Like asking DH to hide the chocolate, you know? :giggle:

TeachinAuntie 07-23-2012 05:55 PM

Re: What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
I'm pretty sure you have to go through Juan to get a URB so I doubt it's a statement of any kind...it's not like you can just ban and unban yourself willy nilly. I doubt he'd be letting folks use it as a way of throwing a fit.

And I agree it's used whe. Pople need a little help in the self control of limiting their Internet/forum time.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-23-2012 06:01 PM

Re: What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
They can request a user ban from any admin.

stevensmom 07-23-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie
I'm pretty sure you have to go through Juan to get a URB so I doubt it's a statement of any kind...it's not like you can just ban and unban yourself willy nilly. I doubt he'd be letting folks use it as a way of throwing a fit.

And I agree it's used whe. Pople need a little help in the self control of limiting their Internet/forum time.

Any admin can ban

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

DalesWidda 07-23-2012 10:28 PM

Re: What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
Dumb question but once you've requested a ban is that it? Are you done? Can you ever come back? I miss Hillary :(

~happy2Bamommy~ 07-23-2012 10:31 PM

Re: What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DalesWidda (Post 15444376)
Dumb question but once you've requested a ban is that it? Are you done? Can you ever come back? I miss Hillary :(

I would think they could request to come back. I haven't ever had to ask though!

I do know that an expiring ban can be set so if someone is struggling with the amount of time they spend they can request a few days up to 6 months. Ban expires and then they have access again.

DalesWidda 07-23-2012 10:38 PM

Re: What's a User requested ban? and why?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 15444382)
I would think they could request to come back. I haven't ever had to ask though!

I do know that an expiring ban can be set so if someone is struggling with the amount of time they spend they can request a few days up to 6 months. Ban expires and then they have access again.

oh that's an awesome idea. How about a monday through friday ban! LOL You know, during homeschooling hours!:lostit:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors