Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Introducing Solids (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Tell me what your child eats on a daily basis-I need healthy ideas (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423181)

*Kai&Mommy* 07-23-2012 07:05 PM

Tell me what your child eats on a daily basis-I need healthy ideas

I want to know what some of you mamas feed your LO daily-meals & snacks. We are all trying to eat more Healthy at my house, and I'm trying to think of ideas for my picky eater. Any tips for sneaking in greens? My DS tosses most of his healthy foods down to the dog. :banghead:

majomama 07-23-2012 07:14 PM

Smoothies! I throw in spinach, romaine, celery..with any berries and my girls love it! Lots of fruits for snacks or home baked muffins. Of course we have the staple...pirate booty and cheese sticks and goldfish!!;)

rebekka117 07-23-2012 07:27 PM

Re: Tell me what your child eats on a daily basis-I need healthy ideas

my son is 1.5, he loves yogurt, boiled baby carrots (they make nice soft finger foods) bananas, cooked green beans, raisens, peas, scrambled eggs are great too!

jhays84 07-23-2012 07:30 PM

Subing!

Jessica Sent from my DROID3 using DS Forum

Hungry Caterpillar 07-23-2012 07:31 PM

You can easily hide greens and carrots by cooking them, then pureeing smooth and putting into tomato sauce. It's almost impossible to taste them.

Amandapanda227 07-24-2012 06:26 AM

Love the smoothie idea! I have a friend who bakes fruits and veggies into muffins and the kids never know the difference :)

jamie714 07-24-2012 11:56 PM

We do green smoothies. My kids love them. I also hide veggies in almost everything I make. This is for the benefit of my kids as well as my husband.

Veg's Dragonflies 08-01-2012 07:04 PM

For breakfast we usually have eggs or Oats with a little soy sauce or cinnamon and raisins and some fruit.
Lunch- fruit, carrots, cauliflower, broccili and hummus, soup, salads- romaine- spinach- chard,and other greeens with a vinegrette dressing.
Dinner- Fish, beans, potatoes, rice, eggs, salad.

Snack usually consist of nuts, seeds, nut butters, fruit, raisins, dreid mangos, veggies, plantain chips and sometimes organic chocolate 90%
Hope this helps with ideas :)

OliversMommy 08-11-2012 09:26 PM

Oliver eats pretty much everything we eat, with the exception of spivey things, watermelon and mushrooms...lol he doesn't care for any of that. Daily he has yogurt, bananas, oranges, strawberries, chicken tenders, steamed broccoli, steamed green beans, and carrots!

palsmama 08-11-2012 09:59 PM

Eggs ( over easy or hard boiled ) , blueberries , apples, peaches , seaweed, celery& peanut butter, green smoothies, apple sauce( unsweetened), nuts, green beans, hummus , carrots, peppers, quesadillas , cheese sticks, Brie, rice cakes, I'm sure I'm missing some but that is an idea of the options my DS has on a daily basis