Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Childrens books...leveled...great prices! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423434)

laila 07-24-2012 11:56 AM

Now that School is starting again keep your kids reading with great books for cheap!

I have been teaching for 15 years and have quite an extensive library that I must continue to destash (which is very hard for a book addict, but since the library is in the baby's room, I must comply)

On conditions, most of these are in New to EUC/GUC. The EUC/GUC may have my name, another teacher's name, or a student's name on inside cover, also may have a colored sticker dot on cover, some older books may have cover fade.Some are what us teacher's like to call "well-loved" books, which mean they have bending in the binding that indicates lots of reads, a few minor bends in pages, but no tears or rips, unless otherwise specified.

I have a wide variety of levels. BL indicates book grade level, but remember that you can read aloud any level to your child. AR (Acelerated Reading), is used by many schools to quiz students on comprehension and to level the students and books. I've indicated these underneath every book I had info on.

All books are $1.00, unless listed as FFS Shipping not included, but will ship Media Mail, which is hecka cheap, and whether you buy 1 or 20, the difference can be very little so please use me to stock up your children's libraries.

I am breaking up book sets so I have multiple copies of some. I put the number of copies available next to the book title. I will delete or mark pending in red after the last copy is requested. I will hold pendings for 24 hours only unless we are working on a trade. Trades are welcome.[SIZE="3] Books Available alphabetized by author's last name or topic:[/SIZE] ADDING OFTEN......

Alma Flor Ada: "Friend Frog" (2) Giftable quality,but does have my name in inside cover, could be covered with a gift label
BL: 3.3 - AR Pts: 0.5
When he finds that he cannot croak, jump, or swim like the frog he meets at the pond, Field Mouse wonders if they can be friends.

"All Aboard Reading: "Look! I Can Read!" EUC
BL: 0.9 - AR Pts: 0.5
In this story, a young girl demonstrates to her mother and father how well she has learned to read.

J.I. Anderson: "I Can Read About The First Thanksgiving" EUC

"Barnyard Stories: 10 barnyard tales to share" Giftable Hardcover Oink Oink! Take a trip down to the farm together in this collection of lively stories with all your favorite barnyard animals.

Ian Bartok: "The Circus Book" Merrigold Press hardcover

Elizabeth Bennett: "The Bug Bunch: The New Bug" RL2 (2) EUC

Jeanne Betancourt: "Three Girls in the City Exposed" Giftable quality
BL: 3.8 - AR Pts: 5.0
Maya, Carolyn, and Joy, having become friends at a summer photography workshop, meet up again in New York City to renew their friendship and sort out their problems.

Fred Bortz: Beyond Jupiter: the story of planetary astronomer, Heidi Hammel" Women's Adventure in Science Non-Fiction Book Giftable quality

Paulette Bourgeois:

"Franklin Goes to School" EUC
BL: 2.9 - AR Pts: 0.5
It is the first day of school for Franklin, but his teacher knows how to make it a wonderful day. PENDING

"Franklin's Christmas Gift" Giftable BL: 3.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
Franklin and his classmates join together and participate in a toy collection at Christmas time. PENDING

Candy Dawson Boyd: "Circle of Gold" Chapter Book Giftable quality
BL: 4.0 - AR Pts: 3.0
Mattie Benson knows just what to get her mother for Mother's Day until she loses her best job and is accused of stealing. She thinks that she can still get the present, but maybe she is expecting miracles again.

Marc Brown: "Arthur Writes a Story" BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Arthur has to write a story as a homework assignment and keeps changing his idea of what to write as he talks to his friends.

Ruth Brook: "Bitty's Halloween Surprise"
Bitty's Halloween Surprise is a story of how Betty the Witch cares for her cat, Bitty, when Bitty cuts her paw.

Eileen Christelow: "Five Little Monkeys reading in book" FFS (short book)

Luella Connelly: "Bears, Bears, Everywhere" GUC Learn to Read Book

Bill Cosby: "The Meanest Thing to Say" Oprah's Book Club
BL: 2.2 - AR Pts: 0.5 GUC to EUC
When a new boy in his second grade class tries to get the other students to play a game that involves saying the meanest thing possible to one another, Little Bill shows him a better way to make friends.

Stephan Crane: "The Red Badge of Courage" EUC
BL: 8.0 - AR Pts: 8.0
This stirring tale of action in the American Civil War captures the immediacies and experiences of actual battle and army life.

Debbie Dadey: "The Worst Name in Third Grade"
BL: 3.5 - AR Pts: 1.0
Bridgett always gets teased about her name, and now, to make things even worse, her favorite teacher in the whole world is moving away.

Dandi:

"The Little Drummer Boy" Classic Holiday Collection EUC Hardcover

"Santa's Toy Shop" Classic Holiday Collection EUC Hardcover

Tomie dePaola: "Charlie Needs a Cloak" GUC
BL: 2.3 - AR Pts: 0.5
Charlie shears his sheep, cards and spins the wool, weaves and dyes the cloth, and sews a beautiful new red cloak.

Walt Disney Books:

"The Lion King"
"101 Dalmations"
"The Aristocats"
"101 Dalmations" hardcover damaged corner in top left FFS
"Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too"
"Dumbo"
"Aladdin: Fine-Feathered Friend"
"Aladdin Movie Storybook"
"Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too" hardcover
"Who framed Roger Rabbit"
"Aladdin Adventure in the Cave of Wonders"
"Pocahontas"
"Minnie n me: A Vacation Adventure" (place to put lil ones pic)
"Bambi Grows Up" hardcover, minor writing on cover, one taped pg. FFS
"Bambi Gets Lost" hardcover
"The Jungle Book" hardcover
"Dumbo the Flying Elephant" hardcover
"Pinocchio and his Puppet Show Adventure" hardcover
"Her Majesty, Ariel" The Little Mermaid's Treasure Chest hardcover
"Beauty and the Beast" Golden Sound Story-needs batteries
"Aladdin" Golden Sound Story- needs batteries
Disney Animal Friends "Peek-a-Boo Buddies" Board Book Giftable Quality
"The Lion King" Large 95 pg. Hardcover
"Pocahontas" Large 95 pg. Hardcover

Deb Eaton:

"A Giant-Sized Day" EUC (3)
BL: 1.7 - AR Pts: 0.5
Chad, the giant, tries to find a way to enjoy a day at the beach.

"The Monster Under the Bed" EUC (2)
BL: 1.5 - AR Pts: 0.5
Morris is afraid of the sound in the night.

Isabel Gaines: "Pooh's Christmas Gifts" Winnie the Pooh First Reader Giftable BL: 2.6 - AR Pts: 0.5
Pooh and his friends have a Christmas party. They learn that gifts from the heart are the best gifts of all.

Mirra Ginsburg: "The Strongest One of All" EUC (2)
Based on a Caucasian Folktale.

Margarita Gonzalez-Jensen: "Tortillas" (2)
Simple text and illustrations show children eating tortillas in many different ways.

Barbara Gregorich: "Jog, Frog, Jog" Start to Read! Book Level 1 GUC
Most of the vocabulary in this book is introduced in First grade.

Sarah Hayes: "Happy Christmas Gemma" GUC Hardcover (some pgs. have been taped)
and happy Christmas to everyone in the lucky family that shares baby Gemma's first Christmas! Every moment of the holiday is a brand-new adventure--and Gemma enthusiastically helps out her older brother, Mom, Dad, and Grandma prepare for their traditional family celebration.

Hello Reader Books: EUC

"Willie's Wonderful Pet" (3)
Willie's pet is the only animal that performs on Pet Day at school.

"Dolphin's Big Leap!" by Kimberly Weinberger, Level 1: Pre-K to Grade 1
BL: 1.4 - AR Pts: 0.5
Little Dolphin lives under the sea with a family of other dolphins who jump and swim around, but he lacks the courage to jump as the other dolphins do. He finds his courage when he wants to impress a child he sees on a boat.

Kevin Henkes: "Chester's Way" EUC AR 3.4
Chester and Wilson had their own way of doing things, and they did everything together. When they cut their sandwiches, it was always diagonally. When they rode their bikes, they always used hand signals. If Chester was hungry, Wilson was too. They were two of a kind, and that's the way it was - until indomitable Lilly, who had her own way of doing things, moved into the neighborhood.

Holly Hobbie: "Toot & Puddle" Giftable quality
BL: 2.2 - AR Pts: 0.5
Toot and Puddle are best friends with very different interests so when Toot spends the year traveling around the world Puddle enjoys receiving postcards.

E.T.A. Hoffmann: "Nutcracker" smaller hardcover

Homzie, H.B.: "Alien Clones From Outer Space: Food Fight!" EUC
BL: 3.4 - AR Pts: 1.0
Skye Johnston, the world's greatest basketball player, is visiting Barton and Nancy's school. Barton and Nancy are dying to get his autograph, but they're stuck in the cafeteria without a pass. What can they do?

James Howe: "Pinky and Rex and the Perfect Pumpkin" EUC
BL: 3.2 - AR Pts: 0.5
When Rex accompanies Pinky and his relatives on their traditional trip to pick and carve pumpkins, she feels left out because of the jealous behavior of Pinky's cousin Abby.

Francine Hughes: "Thumbalina and the Prince" GUC; small stain on cover
Adapted from Hans Christian Andersen's original story. Illustrated with scenes from Don Bluth's animated feature, Thumbalina.

I Can Read! leveled books: Giftable quality

Tony Johnston: "Sparky & Eddie: Trouble with Bugs" Scholastic RL2

Karen King: The Adventure Team "Journey to the Past" Giftable
Children love to learn, and this entertaining story book introduces your child to the exciting world of dinosaurs and their prehistoric world in a fun and interesting way.

David Kirk: "Miss Spider's Tea Party EUC
BL: 3.9 - AR Pts: 0.5
When lonely Miss Spider tries to host a tea party, the other bugs refuse to come for fear of being eaten.

Suzy Kline: Giftable quality

]"Horrible Harry in Room 2B"
BL: 3.2 - AR Pts: 0.5
Doug discovers that though being Harry's best friend in Miss Mackle's second- grade class isn't always easy, as Harry likes to do horrible things, it is often a lot of fun. PENDING

"Horrible Harry at Halloween"
BL: 3.2 - AR Pts: 1.0
The students in Miss Mackle's third-grade class enjoy a day of Halloween surprises, including Harry's unusual costume. PENDING

C.S. Lewis: "The Chronicles of Narnia Book 4 "Prince Caspian"
Giftable quality BL: 5.7 - AR Pts: 7.0
Prince Caspian and his army of Talking Beasts conquer the Telmarines. Book #4

Little Golden Books:

"The Tale of Peter Rabbit" A Little Golden Book PENDING
"Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street" A Little Golden Book
"Frosty the Snowman" A Little Golden Book PENDING
"The Littlest Christmas Elf" A Little Golden Book PENDING
"Bambi" A Little Golden Book

Lovitt, Chip "Skating for the Gold: Michelle Kwan & Tara Lipinski"
A small chapter book on the excitement of the 1998 Winter Olympics figure skating competition. Find out how each of the two skating superstars was determined to win the next Olympic gold medal.

Maloney, Peter: Just Schoolin' Around Saved by the Ball RL 2 (3) Giftable quality

James Marshall: "Mrs. Nelson has a Field Day" EUC AR 3.0 (2)
Nothing seems to help the hapless football team at the Horace B. Smedley School. Not the depressed Mr. Blandsworth or the ineffective Coach
Armstrong. Everyone is down in the dumps until the arrival of the notorious Viola Swamp who takes it upon herself to whip the team into shape for the big Thanksgiving game. Do the Smedley Tornadoes dare lose again?

Steve Metzger: "Dinofours: It's Halloween!" Giftable Quality BL: K-2
Meet the Dinofours! They're dinosaurs. They're four years old.
It's Halloween and Albert is afraid of scary monsters. Join the Dinofours as Albert learns how to have fun on Halloween.

Else Holmelund Minarik: "Cat and Dog" GUC
BL: 0.8 - AR Pts: 0.5
A young child watches a cat and dog as they romp through the house and garden.

Phyllis Reynolds Naylor: "Boys Rock!"
BL: 4.9 - AR Pts: 4.0
The feud between the Hatford brothers and the neighboring Malloy sisters continues over the summer as they reluctantly join forces to publish a newspaper

Steve Nelson: "Frosty the Snowman" EUC
Sweet illustrations of the song. PENDING

Maria O'Neill: "The Penguin Who Wanted to Be Different" Giftable BL: 3.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
Dorothy Penguin, disturbed that all penguins look alike, asks Santa to grant her wish to be just a little bit different.

Gary Paulsen:
"Tracker" Chapter Book, RL6.5, ALA Best Book for Young Adults Giftable quality
BL: 5.3 - AR Pts: 2.0
A thirteen-year-old boy must come to terms with the approaching death of his beloved grandfather, with whom he shares a very special relationship.

Polly Peterson: "Three Wishes" EUC (2)
BL: 2.3 - AR Pts: 0.5
A tree promises three wishes if the man will not chop it down.

Dav Pilkey: "'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving" EUC
BL: 4.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
School children on a field trip to Mack Nugget's farm save the lives of eight turkeys in this poem based on THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS. PENDING

Beatrix Potter:

1) "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" Board Book
2) "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" A Little Golden Book PENDING

Susan Beth Pfeffer: "Kid Power" (4) Giftable quality
BL: 4.1 - AR Pts: 4.0
Eleven-year-old Janie advertises to do odd jobs in her neighborhood and receives so much business, she hires her friends and becomes manager of the Kid Power Agency.

H.A. Rey: "Curious George Rides a Bike" EUC
BL: 4.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
George the curious monkey borrows a bike, delivers newspapers, joins a circus, saves a bear from a tree, goes home a hero.

Susan Ring: "Polar Babies" (2) Giftable quality
BL: 1.2 - AR Pts: 0.5
Polar bear babies wake up, learn to fish, swim, walk on the ice, and run.

Lois Rock: "First Festivals Christmas" Large Hardcover EUC to Giftable
Crafts, Stories, Carols. A book to help celebrate Christmas through making and doing, giving and sharing.

Ron Roy: "A to Z Mysteries: The Kidnapped King" Giftable quality
BL: 3.4 - AR Pts: 1.0
Dink and his friends meet an exchange student, Sammi, who is actually the prince of an island country, hiding from those enemies who have kidnapped his parents and who may be after him as well.

Anne Schreiber: "Boots" (3) EUC
BL: 1.3 - AR Pts: 0.5
A child gets dressed to go out and play in the snow.

Seidler/Slepian: "The Hungry Thing", older copy, some pages loose, FFS

Dr. Seuss:

"Dr. Seuss's ABC" GUC (sticker residue on cover) BL: 2.1 - AR Pts: 0.5

"Dr. Seuss's ABC" GUC hardcover FFS (a few taped pgs.)
BL: 2.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
A fun introduction to the alphabet by the creator of "The Cat in the Hat."

"One fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish" soft cover, ripped up the binding, but
all pgs. intact and still attached, FFS

Nancy Shaw: EUC "Sheep in a Jeep" (2)
BL: 1.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
This book records the misadventures of a group of sheep that go riding in a jeep.

Esphyr Slobodkina: "Caps for Sale" EUC
BL: 3.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
A band of monkeys steals a peddler's caps while he is asleep.

Elizabeth Spurr: "Pumpkin Hill" Giftable quality
BL: 4.1 - AR Pts: 0.5
The townspeople must decide what to do with thousands of pumpkins that roll down a hill and into their midst just before Halloween. PENDING

Symbols of Freedom book: "The Bald Eagle" non-fiction US History EUC
BL: 4.0 - AR Pts: 0.5
how and why the bald eagle became the national symbol and a symbol of freedom in the United States.

Suzanne Vasilak: "The Twelve Days of Christmas" GUC (crease in cover)
Count down the yuletide season with this classic song and cute teddy bear characters.

Gina Ingoglia Weiner: "The Milk box Mystery" (9) EUC
Will and Alice keep finding toy animals in the empty milk box and try to solve the mystery.

Debbi Wilkes: "Skating Superstars" EUC
19 beautiful mini-posters of your favorite skating stars, plus stats, highlights, and news on the medal hopefuls. Including Sasha Cohen, Stephanie Lambiel, Michelle Kwan, Joannie Rochette, Emanual Sandhu, and more.

Harriet Ziefert: "Two Little Witches: A Halloween Counting Story" (9)
Giftable quality
A sweet Halloween counting book where two little witches go around counting what they see on Halloween night.

laila 07-25-2012 12:31 PM

Re: Childrens books...leveled...great prices!

Bump for some traded! Lots of books still available.

laila 07-26-2012 11:44 AM

Bump for cleaning up and deleting sold items! Get me to the PO before school starts again.

laila 07-29-2012 06:28 PM

Updated again! Deleted sold and added a couple more books.
Added: "Chester's Way" by Kevin Henkes and "Miss Nelson Has a Field Day" by James Marshall

laila 07-31-2012 05:44 PM

Updated! Deleted more sold!

laila 08-02-2012 06:59 PM

Bump!

laila 08-05-2012 04:27 PM

Bump. Have a ton of Disney and golden books to list. PM if you are looking for anything in particular!

laila 08-13-2012 07:44 AM

Bump for more sold! Still need to add some Golden books and Disney books. If you are looking for anything in particular there, please PM me. I will post again when I list them. Thanks.

laila 08-16-2012 06:03 PM

Bump!

laila 09-07-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laila
Bump for more sold! Still need to add some Golden books and Disney books. If you are looking for anything in particular there, please PM me. I will post again when I list them. Thanks.

Bump. Still need to add the above books!