Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   Number of children/rooms? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423495)

alyssa&rylan's-mommy 07-24-2012 01:40 PM

Number of children/rooms?

How many children do you have and how many bedrooms are in your home? How are your kids paired up if they're sharing?

We're getting ready to build or buy, and I'm just wondering what other large families situations are? (Our 4th is due in 6 weeks).

Fashionably Green Baby 07-24-2012 01:49 PM

3 kids and we have a 2 bedroom apartment so 3 kids in one room. Ages 6, 3, and 12 months

ktmelody 07-24-2012 01:51 PM

We have large home. 7 kids right now. We have 7 rooms that can be bedrooms. But we use one as an office, one as a play room and one as a school room. 2 kids are in our room still, 3 middle kids share and 2 teens have their own rooms.

Open space is more important to me than bedrooms. Our home is 5000 square feet and will work for us for a long time.

Hitchkids 07-24-2012 01:58 PM

Re: Number of children/rooms?

We will soon have 10 kids and a 5 bedroom home. This leaves 4 rooms for the kids. Right now we have 3 girls in one room and then 2 boys in each of the other 3 rooms. If this baby is a girl, we'll have 4 girls in one room. If it's a boy, we'll end up with 3 boys in one of the rooms. But I totally agree that open space is more important than bedrooms. The living areas in the home are just too small for us. the entire family barely fits in the living room on movie night but we can't do anything to easily make it bigger as the adjacent room has load bearing walls that jut into the doorway. So we have two smallish rooms next to each other when it would have worked much better for our family to have one large room. I suppose if you wanted a formal living room and a more informal family room, the set up works great. For us it just makes me feel like the walls are creeping in on us.

Fitter 07-24-2012 02:31 PM

ITA on the open space, that is what we need more of in our next home. We just got done (seriously yesterday) switching our kids rooms around. We have a 4 bedroom house, 1 is an office, 1 is ours ( baby still sleeps in there). The girls 2 and 4 yo share a room. MY DS has his own room but knows when the baby is old enough that he will move in there.

raisingcropsandbabies 07-24-2012 04:51 PM

Our home is on the smaller side. We have 3 bedrooms. 3 boys are in one, baby girl (9mos. old) is in our room in a pack-n-play, and the other room is the guest room, but has the wardrobe for boys in there, but will become baby girl's room when she is old enough.

HeatherlovesCDs 07-24-2012 07:12 PM

We have 5 bedrooms, 4 for the kids. We have 5 going on 6 kids. We have 5 boys and only 1 girl. My oldest, 6yrs, shares with my second oldest, 4yrs (who is a twin with the only girl). The girl has her own. My second set of twins is boy/boy and they share. The baby is a boy and will have his own. At some point, we would like to have 3 boys in one room and use the extra room for something else.

We would like to have 3 together right now and use the 5th room as a school room, but our bedrooms won't fit 3 kids in them without it being super tight, even with the bunkbed the boys have. We were trying to figure out how to arrange it and just couldn't come up with anything that would work and have the room still be useable.

So, I do agree with the open space being important, but you also have to make sure the rooms will accommodate the number of beds/kids you want in each.

psylion 07-24-2012 09:24 PM

We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and will have 3 kids by December. They will have to share a room. At first the twins will sleep with us at night in the co-sleeper. I plan on putting their cribs and other stuff in what is now DD's room. I'm buying her a new customized Kura bed from ikea to make it up to her and giver her a little bit of her own space.

TPLmommy 07-24-2012 11:00 PM

We have a 3 bedroom apt. & 3 kids. DS (4) & DD1 (2) share a room & co-sleep in a queen bed. DD2 (4 months) is in bed with me & DH, but her clothes are in the kids' room. Our master bedroom is a multi purpose room because it shares a wall with eight Edison Smart Meters. We don't want to sleep in there due to all the radiation. :yuck:

thirdtimemomma 07-24-2012 11:54 PM

7 kids, 5 bedrooms. Big boys in a room, DD's in a room, next two boys in a room and baby all alone. :D