Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Freaking out!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1423848)

stayinhomewithmy6 07-25-2012 11:06 AM

Freaking out!!!

Yes, another one of these threads! DH & I have 6 kids. We absolutely feel that our family is complete, and while I love having babies, I am SOOO ready to be done, move on to the next stage of life and have fun with my big kids! I have always said that I wanted 6, but absolutely no more than that. For one thing, what in the world do bigger families drive?! We fit perfectly in our Sienna, but have no room for more! Our tiny 3 bdrm house is busting at the seams, and we are stuck here for the next 3 yrs until we can buy a bigger house. I have given away all of my maternity clothes and all of our baby clothes! Every time I have told people that M is our last baby, I have followed it up with... "but just saying that makes me nervous!" Which is so so true, honestly! How many friends have I had that gave away all of their maternity clothes because they were done and then had to re-buy maternity clothes for their next pregnancy? Too many to count!!!

DD will be 5 months old in 3 days. I am not BF, and my cycles are almost back to normal. We have been planning on DH getting the big V, but it hasn't happened yet due to our insurance not covering it, but we still plan on having it done soon. On Saturday, we had a condom slip off. I didn't really worry about it at the time. DH & I kind of laughed and went oops! But, then, yesterday (so 4 days after DDT), I had what I can only imagine might be implantation bleeding, and thus began my FREAK OUT! I told DH last night that I am FREAKING OUT! and he told me to take a test. How long do you have to wait after implantation bleeding to reliably test?

jmoon 07-25-2012 11:44 AM

Re: Freaking out!!!

It can take anywhere between 2-10 days to get a + after implantation. I would wait a week to test, personally! Hope everything works out for you!

Kindermama 07-25-2012 11:50 AM

What she said! GL!

stayinhomewithmy6 07-25-2012 11:55 AM

Okay, a week. I will try to wait a week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the very beginning of AF. Even though it seems like I just had AF, I really can't remember when (2 weeks ago? 3 weeks ago?), and I hadn't noticed signs of O yet, but I haven't REALLY been paying attention, obviously, and maybe my cycle is still more messed up than I thought it was.

KLJ07 07-25-2012 01:29 PM

I am in the exact same boat, sort of. I have 3 kids, but we were most likely done. DS is 8.5 months old, and I am EBF so I haven't had a PP yet. But we also had a condom slip off, and then the next day I am almost positive I ovulated. So, we are playing the wait and see game too! Good luck!

Kap7270 07-25-2012 03:02 PM

It sounds a little fast for implantation bleeding. I thought it usually took 6-8 days after conception before implantation occurs. Hope things work out for you!

stayinhomewithmy6 07-25-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kap7270 (Post 15452220)
It sounds a little fast for implantation bleeding. I thought it usually took 6-8 days after conception before implantation occurs. Hope things work out for you!

I thought so too. I looked it up on Fertility Friend and it said 7-10 days, but can also happen a few days earlier or later. So, I think it would be earlier than usual, but still possible.

I'm feeling a little better now, preparing myself for either outcome, but in the meantime, I looked at my old charts on FF and there is one in particular with spotting on CD11, so apparently this sort of thing has happened before, lol!

stayinhomewithmy6 07-25-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KLJ07 (Post 15451764)
I am in the exact same boat, sort of. I have 3 kids, but we were most likely done. DS is 8.5 months old, and I am EBF so I haven't had a PP yet. But we also had a condom slip off, and then the next day I am almost positive I ovulated. So, we are playing the wait and see game too! Good luck!

Good luck to you, too, Mama! :hugs:

MDever 07-25-2012 07:27 PM

I just wanted to offer a :bighug: I am 10+ weeks with a HUGE surprise #5 that was conceived while charting to actively avoid. I had a weird cycle and ovulated way early. I am still mentally adjusting to the idea of another LO. I hope you find peace with whatever answer you get.

el's mama 07-26-2012 02:42 AM

4 days is REALLY early, it's highly improbable so let that comfort you. :) You should be able to get a reliable result with a sensitive test like FRER 4 days after implantation bleeding.