Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The proper care and feeding of your husband. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424016)

ulawolf 07-25-2012 03:51 PM

The proper care and feeding of your husband.

Any one read this? Thoughts? Trying to decide to buy it. My friend suggested it.

Buxterboo 07-25-2012 04:01 PM

Re: The proper care and feeding of your husband.

lol. I thought this was going to be a funny joke:) looks like I need to do some research because now I'm intrigued...

AfWife8405 07-25-2012 04:02 PM

Yep! I liked it and even have it on my ipod and listen to it periodically. I find that I need the reminder that I am a wife, not just a mother who is married. Does that make sense? It reminds me to put that extra effort into our marriage. This may sound odd, but I feel more loving towards my husband after I read the book. I feel guilty even typing that because he is great, but with three kids demanding my attention its easy to get distracted. It takes me back to the time were we were dating. After you go from girlfriend to wife, some of that effort falls to the side as children and the never ending to do list takes priority.

Fishie Kisses 07-25-2012 04:11 PM

yes, I read it and I really REALLY liked it. I am not old fashioned, nor am I a feminist. I think it was very well written and it really opened my eyes to how I treat my husband

ulawolf 07-25-2012 04:25 PM

I'm trying to decide between that and "the respect dare" by Nina Roesner. This one is much more Christian which is fine for me but my husband is agnostic and so I'm not sure if it would pertain as much.

Wanderlust 07-25-2012 04:41 PM

yes, I like it. I think I actually need to read it again to refresh myself :goodvibes: I bought it when we were a young married couple and it really helped me see things in a different perspective

EmilytheStrange 07-25-2012 04:57 PM

yes, I love it. I got it as a gift before we got married and didn't really read it until we'd been married a few years. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a really solid relationship with their spouse.

And if you apply the principles to everyone, I think you'll have happier relationships all around. Done very well in a very common sense approach.

ofthemoonsglow 07-25-2012 06:41 PM

Wow from the reviews online... that sounds like a terrible book...

dancermommy1 07-25-2012 07:03 PM

Let's see. It was written by a woman who once had an affair with a married man and who publicly, on air, used the "n" word during a conversation related to interrace relationships, then told the caller that she didn't need to marry "out of race" if she couldn't handle that word. She has referred to homosexuals as "biological errors". Oh yes. And she's been divorced. But she's an authority on happy relationships?

From what little I've read of this book, it seems to me to be an easy way to make yourself feel 1) guilty for having your own needs, 2)guilty if you ever don't feel like dtd, and 3) like you need to stay looking like a 20-year old bride for life unless you want some ho to come along and yank your hubby right out from under you (maybe like SHE did when she had the affair??)

No thanks. I never have liked this woman, EVER. I think her radio shows are crap.

Btw--Schlesinger is not a Christian. She was once an orthodox Jew but apparently renounced that at some point (or at least is no longer practicing orthodox)

hibiscus869 07-25-2012 07:42 PM

I loved it. It didn't make me feel guilty or marginalized at all, in fact it made me feel empowered. The author is a controversial figure, so some people might dismiss it out of hand. But a friend gave it to me and I loved it. See if your library has it, then you're not out anything if you dislike it.