Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Anyone have a TTC stash? :) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424049)

MadeofStarStuff 07-25-2012 05:58 PM

Anyone have a TTC stash? :)

We pay out of pocket for labor & delivery, so I have been trying to get our nb diapers bought before we conceive, since it will be one less expense.
Anyone else buy newbie stashes BEFORE baby is even conceived? If so, what's in it so far?

I have:
7 BG XS AIOs
4 BG Small AIOs
2 Bummis Super Lite covers
4 unbleached Preemie PFs
4 Thirsties duo hemp size 1 PFs
Assorted flats, cotton soakers

I am thinking of getting 4-6 more covers, 5 more AIOs & nb pfs.

Rdesonia 07-25-2012 06:07 PM

Re: Anyone have a TTC stash? :)

I just kept DD's stuff... does that count?

MadeofStarStuff 07-25-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I just kept DD's stuff... does that count?

Sure! I sold all of DS' nb diapers & so wish I had kept them, but at the time I had no idea we'd try for another. I had BG smalls in that stash, and they are so hard to find. :/

txmommytobe 07-25-2012 07:34 PM

Me! :blush: I have been buying newborn stuff here and there :) we have nothing left from my older kids do when we get pregnant we will have to buy everything soo I figure this will be one less thing to worry about ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

rumblepurr 07-25-2012 07:53 PM

I am:). We sold most of the stuff that is was in good condition to buy the next size up and I'm making most of the rest with a couple of good buys here and there. I know that if I wait to make them until I'm pregnant, I won't get them done in time and I'll miss the good deals. I'm always so tired/nauseated when I'm pregnant that I don't feel like stalking stuff or doing a lot of sewing.

mommysaurusrex 07-25-2012 08:19 PM

I have lol. I have:
10 kissaluv's size 0 (9 of these have shot elastic but I think** with a cover we should be okay?)
7 Grovia AIO's
14 Lil Joeys AIO's
5 Zany Zebra size S pockets

I plan on adding more covers and prefolds. Oh and I don't plan on TTC for about 8-9mos from now, when DS is 2. I just love newbie fluff!

hcokasil 07-25-2012 08:22 PM

i did. i'm not even sure what i accumulated, but i think it's around 8 xs bumgenius, 5xs fuzzibunz 10 GMD workhorses, 5 NB grovia and some prefolds...oh and one size 1 thirsties duo cover. i'll go back through and see what all i have for sure after i find out gender and maybe add the things i still need in gender specific colors and prints...i'm currently 6 weeks pregnant, but i got all that stuff a few months ago! i will say, i was slightly nervous about the elastic buying so early and just letting them sit....but really it's not going to be THAT long, so i think it'll be okay...

mrspopo 07-25-2012 08:23 PM

me :) I snag things if I find a really good deal. And many of these are saved from baby #1

6 swaddlebees simplex
6 happy heinys mini
6 tots bots tiny fit
6 tinygpants
12 alva NB
2 thirsties xs covers
2 imse vimse covers
2 bummis nb SB covers
2 bummis nb sww covers
2 bummis small
4 wool covers
1 custom AIO with our college logo

The only thing I need to add would be some prefolds and we'd be good to go. I've still got plenty of things I'd love to try if I find a great deal tough :)

rumblepurr 07-25-2012 08:29 PM

So far I have quite a bit, but I've had babies who can't tolerate anything but natural fibers and ones who can't and have to have microsuade/fleece, so I like to make up mini stashes of various types and then sell/donate what doesn't work for the baby/us later.

Newborn:
12 Homemade tie dye nb fitteds
12 GMD newborn prefolds
12 Homemade nb bamboo terry flats (These are in current use a night doublers)
8 Homemade nb covers PUL
4 Homemade upcycled wool soakers (I plan to make 4 more)

For night and diaper bag
10 bg nb diapers
2 xs Fuzzibunz
If I can find some Tini fit Tot's bots super cheap I'll destash the bg's

Adjustable Smalls:
12 homemade nb/sm pocket diapers, (don't know if they will work on a newbie if they do I'll destash the bg and fuzzibunz)
and 12 more in the works.

Brandy1010 07-25-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceray7
We pay out of pocket for labor & delivery, so I have been trying to get our nb diapers bought before we conceive, since it will be one less expense.
Anyone else buy newbie stashes BEFORE baby is even conceived? If so, what's in it so far?

I have:
7 BG XS AIOs
4 BG Small AIOs
2 Bummis Super Lite covers
4 unbleached Preemie PFs
4 Thirsties duo hemp size 1 PFs
Assorted flats, cotton soakers

I am thinking of getting 4-6 more covers, 5 more AIOs & nb pfs.

Me! Well... It is done, but we are ttc!

3 dozen small diaper rite flats
2 dozen diaper rite nb prefolds
I will use the flats and prefolds as burp rags and changing pads.. And i wont have to worry about laundry everyday

Covers
3 weehuggers
4 thirsties duo wrap
4nb bummis

For nighttime
2 grovia aios
1 lil joey
1 fuzzibunz xs
1 xs hh
2 hh minis