Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Not havkng luck with my boingo's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424193)

Saharan 07-25-2012 11:32 PM

Not havkng luck with my boingo's

Bought two pairs of the new style and while I love the idea and can get a good fit with some work I am finding they just won't grab the fabric of either my thirsties hemp prefolds or my flip organics and are even prone to pulling off of my flats? I get so frustrated every time I use them that they have been sitting for a few weeks now and I have just been using my snappi. Anyone else having these issues or am I just boingo challenged?

Saharan 07-25-2012 11:33 PM

Stupid phone I meant not * having...ha ha

jaelynsmommy61607 07-25-2012 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
They were a little different at first. I've got them down now. I find it easier to pull the wings under the front. It stays better too.

Attachment 114175

Monkeys 07-25-2012 11:57 PM

Re: Not havkng luck with my boingo's

Im not surei like them, the first day I used them I sliced open the side of my thumb right under the nail. It hurt sooo bad. I haven't yet tried them again.

JulieHyphenAnn 07-26-2012 06:52 AM

I wonder if the problems is that they aren't made with knit fabrics in mind. On wovens like prefolds and flats they seem to work ok. In fact, they are a little too grippy on my prefolds and sometimes pull threads out of the weave of the fabric.

melissamomof3girls 07-26-2012 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 (Post 15454760)
They were a little different at first. I've got them down now. I find it easier to pull the wings under the front. It stays better too.

Attachment 114175

I couldn't find the love. I wish I'd tried this before I gave them away though! Might have made the difference.

Squig'sMumMum 07-26-2012 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 (Post 15454760)

Attachment 114175

:yeahthat:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHyphenAnn (Post 15455244)
I wonder if the problems is that they aren't made with knit fabrics in mind. On wovens like prefolds and flats they seem to work ok. In fact, they are a little too grippy on my prefolds and sometimes pull threads out of the weave of the fabric.

:yeahthat:

Saharan 07-26-2012 03:32 PM

I find they stay better when I tuck the wings too but they still slip off like crazy. The snappi grabs the fabric fine so I don't know. Super annoying though

Squig'sMumMum 07-26-2012 03:34 PM

There was a tip from the manufacturer on Padded Tush Stats that said it holds better when you pinch the fabric like you would to pin. That may help.

D&MsMommy 07-26-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkeys (Post 15454779)
Im not surei like them, the first day I used them I sliced open the side of my thumb right under the nail. It hurt sooo bad. I haven't yet tried them again.

I have had a few Snappi accidents as well, but man.. the Boingo's hurt if they get you! I am so afraid of them.. one broke and the other few pairs I have are sitting in the dark in my laundry room.