Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Favorite doublers? Or rip out soakers? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424259)

jamilynn84 07-26-2012 09:04 AM

Favorite doublers? Or rip out soakers?
 
DD2 is leaking from our sized bg aio's (smalls). I need some doublers as they're 1/3 of my stash. Suggestion? She doesnt leak out of our 4,0's with a thirsties hemp/cotton insert. I'm slso considering ripping out the mf and just using them as pockets with a hemp/cotton insert... Cause i kinda hate mf. But i already have a full stash of bg aio's in each size from dd1.
Wwyd?

alaskamum 07-26-2012 09:14 AM

Re: Favorite doublers? Or rip out soakers?
 
I recall both of my kids outgrowing the absorbency of the smalls around that age. They were able to fit into the mediums, though (and they were not large babies at all) and those were absorbent enough. They could fit in either the smalls or mediums, and after a month or so I could use smalls again b/c their peeing settled back down.

If the mediums don't work, I'd try putting in different inserts.

nonipie 07-26-2012 10:10 AM

Re: Favorite doublers? Or rip out soakers?
 
If I had any skill at all I would rip out the microfiber personally. They would make AWESOME sized pockets. Although doing that for all of them seems really tedious.

onegratefulmama 07-26-2012 12:33 PM

I love my osocozy prefold doublers $7.95/doz can't beat that!
http://www.clothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS/...ers_Unbleached

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

FriedaT 07-26-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegratefulmama
I love my osocozy prefold doublers $7.95/doz can't beat that!
http://www.clothdiaper.com/PRODUCTS/...ers_Unbleached

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

I hadn't heard of these. I was going to order some GMD cotton doublers soon. How do you think these compare? I see they're two layers less and I thought I had heard that gauze wasn't as absorbent, but I don't have anything gauze to compare.

fluffymailaholic 07-26-2012 01:48 PM

I have done this with all of my sized BG AIOs and they make AWESOME sized pockets. Once you rip out several stitches with a seam ripper you can just pull the insert and suedecloth apart and the stitches will rip out. So it's not as tedious as you think!

jamilynn84 07-26-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymailaholic
I have done this with all of my sized BG AIOs and they make AWESOME sized pockets. Once you rip out several stitches with a seam ripper you can just pull the insert and suedecloth apart and the stitches will rip out. So it's not as tedious as you think!

I did it on a few that the pul was bad to make them swim diapers, it was easy.

onegratefulmama 07-26-2012 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FriedaT

I hadn't heard of these. I was going to order some GMD cotton doublers soon. How do you think these compare? I see they're two layers less and I thought I had heard that gauze wasn't as absorbent, but I don't have anything gauze to compare.

I really like mine but my dd2 is not a super soaker. It's not really gauze like it's prefold material like exactly. I use as a doubler in her prefold for overnight or use them as a liner on vacation when I use spouses so cloth still touches her skin. hard to beat that price. Try FB2012 for an additional 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors