Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Please tell me I am not the only one to think of this! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424386)

DottieHarley 07-26-2012 01:25 PM

Please tell me I am not the only one to think of this!

Okay, DD is 18 mos and I have recently bought her a little potty and a potty seat. She is terrified of the potty seat! Likes the little potty but has no concept what it's for... "Stop hitting the dog with your potty" is not a phrase I ever thought I would say...
She is very much in the "imitate Mommy" phase and is very interested in what I'm doing while I AM pottying :giggle:
Would it help things if I peed in her potty?
Now, disclaimer, I am expecting this to be an 8-12 mo process, not a 3-day deal. I am not pushing. But I really think as soon as it "clicks" she'll start using it. It couldn't possibly make her go backward at this point, since we're at square one anyway.
She's very much into wanting me to sit on her ride on toys, her booster seat, etc.
I do fit, somewhat, on the little potty. We could both have naked time (inside)!
Am I crazy?

NikiG 07-26-2012 02:12 PM

Do it! I'm sure it's not the craziest thing a parent has ever done. Worst case scenario nothing changes.

Rdesonia 07-26-2012 03:28 PM

Re: Please tell me I am not the only one to think of this!

It couldn't hurt.. it might help... Why not?

Rdesonia 07-26-2012 03:28 PM

It couldn't hurt.. it might help... Why not?

DottieHarley 07-26-2012 05:37 PM

So, i did it. I peed in her potty :blush:
I just announced that Mommy had to peepee, and walked over to the potty. DD was very very interested esp once it was time to put the peepee in the big potty and flush. After that she sat on it for about 5 mins but then started jumping up and down. Later we did catch the back half of a pee!
I am very afraid that i will wind up pooping on the potty too.

JeDeeLenae 07-26-2012 05:40 PM

Lol, I don't think I could get close enough to a kids potty to pee, but hope it works for you.

MeCo7707 07-26-2012 08:04 PM

If it makes you feel any better mama, I once peed on my kids potty...it was a dire emergency which included nursing a baby while holding an infant potty under her and needed to use the toilet in which big sister was taking FOREVER. I'm sure the sight was something to see!

shen7 07-26-2012 09:32 PM

Haha, my friend has done this. Whatever works! And if you've got the athletic prowess to pull it off, go you! :giggle2:

Mom2jandb 07-26-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DottieHarley
I am very afraid that i will wind up pooping on the potty too.

Yeah, let us know how that one goes!
:popcorn:

colin-mylilguy 07-30-2012 11:37 AM

:giggle2: I haven't done it but I thought about it.... ;)

We did the 3 day naked thing with LO at 18 months and by the 2nd day, we were getting half the pee in the potty and the 3rd day was a little better. On the 4th day I put trainers on him and we never looked back!

I would say that by 1 week, he was mostly peeing in the potty and by 2 weeks it was down to 1 accident a day and him mostly telling me when he needed to go so that helped a lot.

We go out to the store, friend's houses, etc. in gerber trainers. No diapers. Ever. Well, except at night but he has been dry since we started potty-learning so I pretty much put the same one on him every night because it never gets wet. :giggle:

We kept it really fun, no pressure and no punishment and LO did great! They learn really fast and I think everyone has been surprised how much he is capable of. It's neat!

GL! I bet she'll surprise you with how well and fast she picks up on it. Just stick with it, be patient and have fun!