Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Ok so I'm pretty excited I might know what I want now (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424513)

mimihol 07-26-2012 05:30 PM

Ok so I'm pretty excited I might know what I want now

So I am pretty excited. I have been collecting every kind of nb diaper I thought would fit my nb(coming in nov) and I think I know what I want now and can stop buying everything else! I know what I like for my 17 month old too:)

Here's the list of what is working what is not and why. I wont actually have my newborn until nov but so far these are my thoughts.

newborn: I have larger newborns so the tiny stuff isn't super attractive to me. I skipped the little joeys this time.

xs Fuzzibunz I got 6 of these because I heard they fit longer than bg xs but wow are they hard to stuff!! not sure if I will like this when I am sleep deprived and cloth diapering 2.

Newborn simplexpretty much loving these I think If I collect more it will be these!!

Tot bot tiny fits these are pretty neat but pretty small but seem to be more customizable then bg xs which my last ds grew out of in the waist rather quickly. I want a few more of these as well.

Alva newborns pretty nice kind of remind me of the xs fuzzibunz with more room to grow then fb but hard to stuff as well.

I am realy loving aio's with ds 17 months as I dont love stuffing pcokets but the freetimes are not fun to spray out. Loving my bg elementals my simplex aio and want more of these soon. My son poops like 4 times a day and I dont like spraying out diapers. Hope this helps someone:)

huntressxx 07-26-2012 05:44 PM

Okay!!! So glad I'm not the only one who had a hard time stuffing those damn fuzzibuns!!

One Acre Wonder Farm 07-26-2012 06:08 PM

I have large newborns as well so we skipped newborn sizes all together... But if I had to stuff a FBXS I think I would use a ruler to stuff (fold the insert in half near the pocket opening with the back of the insert lined up with the back of the diaper and the ruler in between the halves then unfold the insert/poke it in with the ruler) rather than try using my hands (and I have smallish hands!).

Congrats on the new LO :)

ahess529 07-26-2012 06:09 PM

I didn't like stuffing the fb either! I have my stash for my 4 month old down to simplex, dlish sio, grovia aio and shells with soakers, freetimes and a couple 4.0 and flips. Sold off everything else! Nb simplex were my favorite!

keegen456 07-27-2012 11:44 AM

Re: Ok so I'm pretty excited I might know what I want now

I really don't like stuffing the XS FB, but I reach for them everytime we have to go somewhere so I'm super glad I got them. They are really trim, fit my DD well and contain her messes :)

jaelynsmommy61607 07-27-2012 12:00 PM

I loved our XS fb. They fit under the cord. They hold more than the XS bg. They dry faster. And you can put different inserts in them. I used flip trainer inserts in them. They are harder to stuff.

seacat 07-27-2012 12:05 PM

Re: Ok so I'm pretty excited I might know what I want now

I also hated FB XS. ^^^I felt like my BGs held more - strange. I just disliked them because of the stuffing. No thanks I have enough to worry about at that time.