Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Question about flat folds! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424549)

esthergum 07-26-2012 07:20 PM

Question about flat folds!

So I bought some awesome flats from the FSOT. Unfortunately they're too big for my 8 week old. :banghead: They're the large size GMD. I've only tried the origami fold so far.

Does anyone know of some folds that would make them work until he grows into them? He has skinny little thighs so I've only been able to make Grovia shells work and any insert I've tried is too big and bunches up in the middle so I thought I'd give flats a try. Whoops. :)

Thanks! :goodvibes:

theonenonlymrssmith 07-26-2012 07:25 PM

Try the little Joey! Or try meeting all the corners to the center Point to form a smaller square (middle of side ab, makes new point c, if that makes sense) and then try your folds from there!

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.

Servant4Christ 07-26-2012 07:58 PM

Re: Question about flat folds!

If they are just too bulky, regardless of how you fold, you can pick up some flour sack towels to use until your lo is bigger. The ones at walmart are 28x29 before washing and the ones at kmart are 24x25 before washing. They are super cheap and very trim. Add a large hempbabies doubler if you need more absorbancy... the larges are skinnier but longer and can be folded without being bulky. :thumbsup:

Nattiecake 07-26-2012 08:38 PM

I second the flour sack towels idea. Even if you can get the large size flats folded to fit your little one, they're gonna be bulky. I LOVE my flour sack towels and they work almost as well as my GMD smalls. I had some larges and had to sell them because they were gigantic.

gabmaxi 07-27-2012 12:04 AM

L's are huge. We are only now using them and my son is 26-27lbs, using L covers. Even pad folded, it fits either L thirsties or L fuzzibunz pockets. I would get either osocozy or imagine flats for now.

qsefthuko 07-27-2012 12:10 AM

Imagine flats are in my experienc some of the smallest ones except for gerber flats. They are also the softest and cheapest by far. Once your lo grows into the large they can also be used as hand drying towels or saved for future infants.

esthergum 07-28-2012 05:50 PM

I picked up some flour sack towels from both Kmart and Walmart. The first one I grabbed out of the dryer was too short in the rise in the origami fold so I'll have to experiment a bit.

I picked up some other dish towels that might do well as a doubler or a basic insert. I'm willing to experiment with anything at this point.

Thanks for the help! :)

mariamommy 07-28-2012 06:09 PM

Fold the four corners to meet in the middle, forming a smaller square. Then try the kite fold with the smaller square. :) it should work great!