Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Wha do you do for work? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424569)

kayleesmom 07-26-2012 08:41 PM

Wha do you do for work?

I am trying to find a job after not working for many years would like to work days so I can't put youngest in home daycare n other 2 would be full time school. My husband works crazy hrs n has to be on cll 24/7 1 time a month but mil said if that happens she could watch if at nite or weekends so ideas I would like file clerk or data entry but I have n experience n with so many people out of work that hbe the skills I probably don't have much of chance.

CarrieMF 07-26-2012 08:58 PM

I am an educational assistant. I start at 8:30 and am done at 3:15. I usually work the lynch hour so i get 7 hours instead of 6. I work at the high school so lunch supervision is just sitting and visiting with the other EA's, even when i am feeding s kid it is really visiting.

I get all the same holidays as my kids off. I am done 15 minutes each day before their schools are out.

Here a starting EA makes 17.98/hour plus vacation and benefits start after 30 days.

luvsviola 07-26-2012 09:32 PM

Re: Wha do you do for work?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrieMF (Post 15459390)
I usually work the lynch hour so i get 7 hours instead of 6.

This made me giggle. :)

MelDM 07-26-2012 11:00 PM

I'm a registered nurse. It's a great job, but shift work sucks! It's hard on the body! Have you thought about being a registration clerk at a hospital? My friend just got a job doing that :)

joyous 07-26-2012 11:22 PM

I work at a large state university. I work with our international students. I plan all of their trips, events and activities. The schedule is 8-5, so it ends up being a pretty long day, but in California, state school staff get great benefits. I have good health insurance, really low premiums, and it started right away.

Are there any schools near you? Maybe look into an office job at a college or with the school district.

LadybugMonkey 07-26-2012 11:49 PM

I work for an architect doing mostly 3d renderings. I work 8:30-5 but I have quite a bit of flexibility to work at home.

Holly dolly 07-27-2012 12:00 AM

I'm the office manager/receptionist/billing/advertising/pretty-much-everything-but-the-doctor at a small audiology office. We just opened a year ago and will eventually hire more staff.

Holly dolly 07-27-2012 12:03 AM

I should add...I had ZERO knowledge of anything audiology or insurance related when I started this job. Sometimes you just have to take that chance and pray someone takes that chance on you.

Good luck!!

carriek38 07-27-2012 07:39 AM

If that's what you want to do, I'd start looking at Civil Service exams...through the state, county, city, town, whatever. The benefits are good, the hours are good, and the requirements for jobs are quite clear.

MommaLEB 07-27-2012 08:42 AM

I work reception at an urgent care clinic. It's nice because we work 3 12s, so I get 4 days off every week. I love having some weekdays off to go out and about while everyone else is at work.