Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Can't sleep! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424625)

neatostacy 07-27-2012 01:13 AM

Can't sleep!

Ladies, I know we've all been there, but this is super frustrating! What do you do when you can't sleep? I've been trying for about 3 hours and keep jolting myself awake. It's awful. I know I need sleep. I'm pretty much having an anxiety attack because of it...it's a perpetual circle. I just decided to get up, have a snack, log on here, and start a load of diaper laundry.

I have my 40 week appointment tomorrow. I don't know why I'm so nervous. I guess that's something I need to explore. I'm nervous about giving birth, when labor will start, how everything will go, etc. I kind of wish it would just happen *right now!* so I don't anticipate anymore. That is what's giving me these nervous moments.

Anyway, thanks for listening...I know all will seem better in the morning, but in the meantime, pray this mama gets some sleep!!

philenabean 07-27-2012 05:41 AM

Re: Can't sleep!

:hugs: BTDT, mama! Yes, I would absolutely say it's anxiety related. Honestly, the best solution for insomnia for me was reading a novel. Put me to sleep every time!

I know it's hard, but you'll be too tired and busy to think about insomnia soon. Good luck mama :)

marliah 07-27-2012 08:40 AM

I had quite a bit of anxiety about labor with my first, cause I just didn't know what to expect. It's not as bad as people try to make it sound ;) yes it's painful but the payoff of holding your sweet baby after more than outweighs it! Try not to worry, and just think about your baby :) that helped me.

neatostacy 07-27-2012 10:41 AM

I know all this intellectually, but sometimes my body just responds with anxiety. I pretty much had the "shakes" in my legs for those 3 hours last night and woke myself up with a surge of adrenaline as soon as I started to drift off. I am not unfamiliar to panic attacks...it seems I've had them more often during pregnancies and just more as I've gotten older, but I can deal with them better, too. There's usually not just one coping mechanism that works...I have to try different things each time.

This is my second vaginal birth and 3rd baby, but the anticipation and fear of the unknown is still there. I had my 40 week appointment today and I'm holding steady at 2 cm, which is where I've been for about a month. I've also been completely thinned out for the past 3 weeks. I made an appointment for monday to get my membranes stripped. I feel good about that decision as opposed to having it done today. That will give my body a few more days to start on its own and maybe I'll be able to rest up!

remrath 07-27-2012 09:11 PM

:hugs: i had much more anxiety w/ this my 2nd vbac than w/ my 1st. for what it's worth, this labor was easier, faster, and the recovery has been a breeze compared to the c/s and the first vaginal birth. :hugs: hope your anxiety abates. God had to make me completely physically miserable at the end before I actually wanted the baby to come b/c i was so anxious!

neatostacy 07-28-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by remrath (Post 15464455)
:hugs: i had much more anxiety w/ this my 2nd vbac than w/ my 1st. for what it's worth, this labor was easier, faster, and the recovery has been a breeze compared to the c/s and the first vaginal birth. :hugs: hope your anxiety abates. God had to make me completely physically miserable at the end before I actually wanted the baby to come b/c i was so anxious!

It is good and encouraging to hear your 2nd vbac was easier/better! I hope mine is similar. This pregnancy feels so much different for me. But it could be for all kinds of reasons (this is a boy, I have a front placenta, and I'm bending/moving/exercising more since I have 2 other babes). Anyway, my physical health seems to be great...it's the anxiety that makes me want this baby out! BTW, I did sleep better last night, but it still took a few hours for me to finally succumb to sleep. At least I didn't have the shakes:goodvibes: