Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Diapers squishing my son's peep? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1424933)

WilliamsMama 07-27-2012 06:14 PM

Diapers squishing my son's peep?

Yes, we call it his peep. :giggle: Anyway, his peep seems to be "squished" down against his body far more in cloth than it is in a disposable. Sometimes it looks a little red. The diaper doesn't seem to be uncomfortably tight on him.

Any thoughts??

abunchoflemons 07-27-2012 06:16 PM

Re: Diapers squishing my son's peep?

Try sween cream. Maybe but I know lots of people who have boys not having that issue.

WilliamsMama 07-27-2012 06:26 PM

Thanks for the suggestions. I am using CJ's BUTTer on it. I'm more concerned about how it seems to get flattened with the diaper. He is 17 lbs and I have the BG 4.0 on the second size snaps, and for the diapers that are snap shut I have him on the second from middle setting on either side. He's in velcro most of the day though. He's pretty skinny. Hmmm...

RockinLou 07-27-2012 06:34 PM

i figure that if they are uncomfortable, they will let us know...

WilliamsMama 07-27-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou (Post 15463658)

Very true :)

stephcrouse 07-27-2012 07:10 PM

My son always looks kinda squished too, and sometimes even pinched if the diaper has bunched at all. :dunno: I hope it doesn't bother him!

moonsandmarshmellows 07-27-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockinLou (Post 15463658)

:yeahthat: Majority of DS2's diapers leave him looking like that.

luvthefluff 07-27-2012 07:15 PM

we have that issue too :) as i point it down to avoid top leaks it sometimes gets squished but he doesnt seem bothered by it :) when he gets his little erections (i hate even saying it) LOL he is bothered by the diaper so he usually tells me and i loosen it alot or take it off :giggle:

mommysaurusrex 07-27-2012 07:28 PM

Yeah that happens to us too, I always assumed it didn't bother him...I sure hope it doesn't!

RockinLou 07-27-2012 07:44 PM

I just wanted to add that mine will fight and pull at the center part of the snappi, so I'm pretty sure he knows what bothers him. I do give him some naked time every day, just to let everything breathe and relax.