Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Name your favorite hemp insert/doubler (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425017)

lynn97 07-27-2012 09:46 PM

Name your favorite hemp insert/doubler

As the subject states, name your favorite hemp insert and please say why you like them.

We have Joeybunz Premium large inserts but I'm wondering if there might be something better (mostly, more absorbent).

mypeanut09 07-27-2012 09:57 PM

Re: Name your favorite hemp insert/doubler

I've used JoeyBunz and Thirsties. I definitely prefer the Joeybunz. The Thirsties are softer - more cottony feeling. This causes them to bunch up more too, which I don't like. I also like the contour shape on the JoeyBunz - a medium fits perfectly in a FB Elite

Alikhlas 07-27-2012 10:02 PM

Gcloth are great doublets bc they add pretty much no bulk but also are stay dry :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

bubbaloubaby 07-27-2012 10:30 PM

One size babykicks joeybunz

BirthdayMama 07-27-2012 11:45 PM

I love my Hemp Babies Little and Bigger Weeds. I also have an ancient Babykicks hemp pf that I love because it's insanely absorbent and super trim. DH asked me why DD1 was wearing a sposie once, and it was actually the Babykicks trifolded in an Econobum. The Hemp Babies are thicker, but also more absorbent.

el's mama 07-28-2012 01:48 AM

I love the Thirsties hemp inserts but agree they bunch.. I don't like that JoeyBunz are contoured because they're too narrow for some pockets and that can cause leaks. I really like gCloth too (I use it as an insert, I don't have a HW). :)

mibarra 07-28-2012 07:24 AM

Geffen Baby. They come in sizes and are hrmp/cotton fleece.

vintagegyrl 07-28-2012 09:21 AM

the only thing that works best for us is Babykicks hemp prefolds (newish) as an insert OR a combo of any hemp (babykicks?) insert with a thinner microfiber insert (microfiber is on top of the hemp)

boysniris 07-28-2012 09:28 AM

I like JoeyBunz Premium -- we also have size large. I usually fold them in half and put them up front, right in my son's wet-zone :thumbsup: I like HempBabies Bigger Weeds, too, but I think they have gotten more rough than the JoeyBunz over time.

I always put a cotton doubler over hemp, and my favorites are Thirsties Fab Doublers.

boysniris 07-28-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirthdayMama (Post 15464890)
I love my Hemp Babies Little and Bigger Weeds. I also have an ancient Babykicks hemp pf that I love because it's insanely absorbent and super trim. DH asked me why DD1 was wearing a sposie once, and it was actually the Babykicks trifolded in an Econobum. The Hemp Babies are thicker, but also more absorbent.

I use XL Toddler BabyKicks Hemp PFs as inserts for nighttime diapers. They really do a great job!