Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Request for Prayer / Updates (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Please pray for Gideon, 15mo with leukemia. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425053)

mumtothem 07-28-2012 06:43 AM

Please pray for Gideon, 15mo with leukemia.

I found out this morning that a close friends 15 months old son was just diagnosed with leukemia. Heres the post on fb(with permission to share).

Pray for our 15 month old son, Gideon. He has been diagnosed with leukemia. He has not been sleeping, eating well, standing or walking. His color was pale, and he was bruising easily. These symptoms were getting worse each day. At 6:00 pm Friday, we consulted our neighbor, a pediatric nurse, who in turn consulted one of our pediatricians, who advised we get him to the ER. We simply thought they'd give us medicine and send us home. So, I stayed home with both our daughters, while Nicki & her sister took our son to BR Medical Center. At about 10:00 pm, after several tests, he was diagnosed with leukemia. They sent us to Childrens hospital to begin his treatment. This is where we are now, and will be here for several days. He has a bone marrow biopsy on Monday. All tests seem to suggest he has some form of cancer (probably leukemia). Pray. Pray. Pray.

My heart is breaking for them.:cry:Please pray for this precious boy and his family.

sojomisa 07-28-2012 08:14 AM

Re: Please pray for Gideon, 15mo with leukemia.

Just said a prayer for sweet Gideon and his family. I honestly can't imagine. :pray:

mumtothem 07-28-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sojomisa (Post 15465416)
Just said a prayer for sweet Gideon and his family. I honestly can't imagine. :pray:

Me either.My youngest is 20months and I cant and dont want to know the pain.They did catch it early, they think, so hopefully treatment works.He started chemo this morning.

sojomisa 07-28-2012 09:11 PM

I hope it's as easy as it can be on him, and that he recovers fully! :goodvibes:

somo_chickenlady 07-29-2012 01:27 AM

Praying for him and his family.

mumtothem 07-29-2012 08:48 AM

Some updates:
7/28/12 10am
Gideon update: they are unable to get his veins to cooperate. So, they will be running an IV by sedating him and surgically putting a line through his groin. There is risk because his blood placates are low. From this line they will do blood transfusions, draw blood, etc. he had bone marrow biopsy on Monday and begins chemotherapy Monday. Pray!
7/29/12 3am

Gideon update: His 3 am blood draw shows his platelets and hemoglobin have gone up. He won't need another blood transfusion until later.

mumtothem 07-29-2012 08:48 AM

Some updates:
7/28/12 10am
Gideon update: they are unable to get his veins to cooperate. So, they will be running an IV by sedating him and surgically putting a line through his groin. There is risk because his blood placates are low. From this line they will do blood transfusions, draw blood, etc. he had bone marrow biopsy on Monday and begins chemotherapy Monday. Pray!
7/29/12 3am

Gideon update: His 3 am blood draw shows his platelets and hemoglobin have gone up. He won't need another blood transfusion until later.

Chasing Zen 07-29-2012 09:20 PM

Prayer sent Mama!

Lady_B 07-29-2012 09:22 PM

Prayers!

cdeweese 07-29-2012 09:25 PM

I'm currently training with Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'll be sure to share his story during our team run. Praying for this little guy and his family