Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In July (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Introducing Norah Rebecca w/ photo! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425096)

rosenfried2 07-28-2012 09:15 AM

Introducing Norah Rebecca w/ photo!

Had an episode of false labor on Sunday July 15 only to have ctx stop at 2pm after being 7cm and 2-3 min apart. Waited all week for something to happen but nothing all.week.long. On Sunday July 22 I felt awful and my hands and feet were really swollen. I took an Epsom salt bath and that did nothing. I texted my midwife and told her I was ready for natural induction as I was done at 40+4. we were team green!

She gave me a recipe to chug at 4am with castor oil, pineapple juice, and vodka. sound good? I set my alarm and got everything ready to mix and in the fridge. Went to sleep. Turned over at 12:50am and I was NOT peeing in bed. I jumped up and told dh my water broke and to get my midwife on the phone. She told me to lay down and get rest before the ctx started in maybe in 2 hrs. I tried. Jumped back up to strong surges that were easily 3 min apart. Texted midwife, she was already on her way as she had already predicted a fast labor for me. I calmly turned off the Alarm for 4 am and put my music on and swayed through surges. I asked dh to fill the birth tub (was here still from previous Sunday). I woke my mom and told her and she got ready as well. My ds was still sleeping and I prayed he slept through.

Around 1:52 I HAD to get in the tub. Relief! Midwife wasn't here yet. I zoned into my body and baby and had dh put counter pressure on my back. Midwife and assistant showed up around 2 and got everything set up, checked vitals and heart tones and let me labor. At 2:55 transition hit and I was puking my guts out and cursing the baby for one final bout before birth (I threw up the entire 40 weeks!) at 2:58 I started pushing and saying "I can't do this" and when baby crowned I was yelling "don't let the head go back in, please Jesus this hurts!" Everyone was cracking up. It made for a more relaxed atmosphere and at 3:12 she flew out!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...84a23ed9f4.jpg

The cord had gotten around her neck as she came out but she was pink! She didn't cry right away and needed a few puffs of oxygen but then cried and all was well. She liked the warm water and calmed down. She then cried for an hour like a drama queen! We've only had a few issues nursing that have seemed o work themselves out through the days and she's stolen our hearts! Big brother Jake is dealing well, but I'm so grateful my mom lives with us to help him with this new transition as he's only just turned 2.

Norah was 7lbs 12 oz ad 19.5 in with a 14 in head. Dark hair and beautiful soft features. Not sure where her long fingers and toes come from but that could be more noticeable in the future.

Christylkeller 07-28-2012 09:22 AM

Re: Introducing Norah Rebecca

Congrats Amanda! So happy for you!

melyndie 07-28-2012 12:19 PM

Yay, what a great story! I am so glad she is finally here. :)

marliah 07-28-2012 12:35 PM

So glad everything went well! And how cool that you didn't end up having to resort to natural induction! Love it! Gods timing is perfect, your story gave me incentive to just keep waiting :)

edens_mom 07-28-2012 03:27 PM

Congrats!!!

topazdodge 07-28-2012 03:31 PM

Congratulations!

msmamabear 07-28-2012 04:22 PM

Congrats :yay:

mumtothem 07-28-2012 04:49 PM

Congrads!