Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Find a new Dr/birthing center? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425182)

2wonderfulboys 07-28-2012 02:12 PM

Find a new Dr/birthing center?

I just found out I am pregnant. I called my OB who I have been a patient with for 10 years and had both my children with. Its a new policy you have to go to the birthing center to have a urine preg test done before they will make you an apt. So I went up there (I have seriously taken 25 test at home all of them positive) took the test-negative. So I went back this morning and took it again with FMU-again negative. I asked to see the test and they wouldn't let me see it and also couldn't tell me why I would get so many positives at home and negative there. They were also very rude to me. I may just call and let them know after this. So I went immediately to another hospital birthing center took a test and it was POSITIVE! Just like all the others. It makes me wonder if these women can't get a pregnancy test right why in the world would I want to give birth to another baby there? Do I want them taking care of me and my newborn? I love my OB she is wonderful, but they have a new policy that you have to rotate between the 4 Drs in the office. Should I just find a new OB? Please help :)

Rdesonia 07-28-2012 02:42 PM

Re: Find a new Dr/birthing center?

I'd find a new doctor. Rude staff, can't get a simple test right, refuse to make an appt, and you have to rotate docs so I'm going to assume it will be on-call that delivers. Only 1 in 4 chance "your" doc will delivery you. (I'd verify that but why else the rotation??)

2wonderfulboys 07-28-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia
I'd find a new doctor. Rude staff, can't get a simple test right, refuse to make an appt, and you have to rotate docs so I'm going to assume it will be on-call that delivers. Only 1 in 4 chance "your" doc will delivery you. (I'd verify that but why else the rotation??)

Yes, its whoever is on call. I had to do this with the birth of my last son, but there were only 3 Drs then. I got lucky and my Dr delivered, but what are the chances it will happen again.

twinpossible 07-28-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdesonia (Post 15467089)

Ya that ^^ I say ditch this doc and pick a new one. What idiots, who messes up a pregnancy test twice?! Sorry for your experience mama, that would have freaked me out!

z2akids 07-28-2012 09:06 PM

They may not have "messed up" the pregnancy test. There are lots of different varieties of pregnancy tests and not all of them are as sensitive as other ones. They may have less sensitive tests.

2wonderfulboys 07-28-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z2akids
They may not have "messed up" the pregnancy test. There are lots of different varieties of pregnancy tests and not all of them are as sensitive as other ones. They may have less sensitive tests.

Yes this is true, but I work for the same group/network. We order all our supplies from the same place. I have taken the same test at work (twice) and tested positive both times.

hohaas 07-29-2012 05:09 AM

If youre not comfortable w the new policy then change drs.

2wonderfulboys 07-29-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hohaas
If youre not comfortable w the new policy then change drs.

It's not the new policy. I had my last son with rotation. It's the ppl who work at the birthing center. I <3 my Dr, and didn't mind the others either, though of course I prefer my Dr.

onegratefulmama 07-29-2012 10:49 AM

I may not be understanding this correctly so feel free to disregard but it sounds like your Dr and the birth center are 2 different locations? If so, I would recommend that you contact your OB and tell them what happened to you. They probably have no idea how you were treated and really should know so that they can address it with the birthing center staff. Regardless of if you stay there or especially not - telling them why you are leaving and what happened to you would be helpful to your OB and other mama's who come in too. That sounds so stressful and inappropriate on many levels I'm sorry this happened to you mama and hope that you can talk with someone to voice your concerns.

EuphoricDysphoria 07-29-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onegratefulmama
I may not be understanding this correctly so feel free to disregard but it sounds like your Dr and the birth center are 2 different locations? If so, I would recommend that you contact your OB and tell them what happened to you. They probably have no idea how you were treated and really should know so that they can address it with the birthing center staff. Regardless of if you stay there or especially not - telling them why you are leaving and what happened to you would be helpful to your OB and other mama's who come in too. That sounds so stressful and inappropriate on many levels I'm sorry this happened to you mama and hope that you can talk with someone to voice your concerns.

I agree. This is how I was understanding it as well and I would call the OB to tell them.