Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Living together... deciding whether to stay together (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425330)

RissaMamaRex 07-29-2012 12:15 AM

Living together... deciding whether to stay together

Boyfriend and I met last February... started dating "casually" and then he suggested moving in together. Well literally the weekend we moved in (mid September), I found out I was pregnant. He's so immature sometimes and freaked out and wanted to get rid of it at first. He's ten years older than me!!!!

Well fast forward to... now and we are still living together and still together and have a lovely baby girl we both adore completely.

Just lately its been feeling fake and I don't feel loved anymore. I don't feel like its real anymore. I escape to my parents for a weekend (with the baby) and end up texting him saying I don't know if I should come back or if I want to.

I don't have the guts to tell him how I feel in person. Whenever I try its like talking to a brick wall. So I chicken out and text him when I'm gone.

I don't know if I could do it. Be without him. I don't want my baby girl growing up without her daddy.

MeCo7707 07-29-2012 02:05 PM

Re: Living together... deciding whether to stay together

:hugs: I have no advice but couldn't read without offering support

RissaMamaRex 07-29-2012 04:00 PM

ty :)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-29-2012 04:29 PM

You can write everything down, a letter and leave it in the room so he can read it and hear everything you have to say.
You will need to face him to talk about it sooner or later but the letter is going to help you get everything on your mind out and on the table.
Whether you stay with him or not, your dd isn't losing her dad, he will always be her dad kwim?
Good luck :hugs:

SarahS12 07-29-2012 04:46 PM

Can you guys try counseling or something? Personally it would take a lot more than it feeling fake and me not feeling loved anymore to break up my baby's home. How are you guys ever going to fix the problem if you can't talk about it and at least try to work it out? I know it sounds cliche but it's true, communication is key :) good luck, I hope you guys are able to work it out.

RissaMamaRex 07-30-2012 02:18 PM

He basically refuses to talk about it when I ask. He says I am just "drama" and trying to bring up crap and we should "just be". I can't "just be" unhappy. Something needs to change, I don't want our miserable rubbing off on our baby.

JeDeeLenae 07-30-2012 02:21 PM

What do you feel needs to change? I'd talk to him, and when he says that, let him know that you don't want to just be. You wan't to be happy, and if you can't be happy with him, that you have to move on.What feels so fake about it?

RissaMamaRex 07-30-2012 11:58 PM

We need to change how we communicate. He refuses to talk until it ends up in a screaming match. And that is so not healthy. In between it feels like we are going through the motions.

pine_apple_goat 07-31-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox (Post 15471108)
You can write everything down, a letter and leave it in the room so he can read it and hear everything you have to say.
You will need to face him to talk about it sooner or later but the letter is going to help you get everything on your mind out and on the table.
Whether you stay with him or not, your dd isn't losing her dad, he will always be her dad kwim?
Good luck :hugs:

I agree with this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RissaMamaRex (Post 15477931)
We need to change how we communicate. He refuses to talk until it ends up in a screaming match. And that is so not healthy. In between it feels like we are going through the motions.

I hope you're able to talk and not yell. I will keep you in my thoughts and offer you :hugs:. Good luck.

moonlightblonde 08-01-2012 08:13 AM

*hugs* we are going through similar though we have two kids and I would be moving 8hrs away if/when I do leave.

I know how much the talk sucks, we procrastinated - I actually started it by telling him we needed to talk over fb because I knew I would keep putting it off.