Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I hate shipping back defective products on my own dime (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425388)

srw.mutter 07-29-2012 10:47 AM

I hate shipping back defective products on my own dime

I just bought a new item, with an obvious sewing defect (unraveling). I had to send it back to the company, paying for my own shipping. They then "compensate" you with "gifts" due to you paying your shipping

I don't need anymore cheap wipes (less than my cost of shipping probably), if I did, I would have bought them myself!

I would have rather had my shipping reimbursed. I wish companies would realize that some people just want their item for the price they paid, and not have to pay on top of that to actually have the product they paid for.

Sorry for the vent

keen1981 07-29-2012 10:50 AM

Is it CB? Lol! I had the same issue. Thanks for the gifts, I did't need

m&m&m 07-29-2012 11:37 AM

Re: I hate shipping back defective products on my own dime

I totally see it from both sides. On the one hand how you put it above, but on the other hand, if it was in store, you wouldn't be compensated for the gas to bring the item back in for warranty repair and many manufacturers (not just cloth diapers, but other items) have you mail in for warranty work and don't compensate. Shipping is shipping and isn't going to the manufacturer but rather to the carrier to bring the item back for you. I do see the other side though about needing to return the item in the first place. But again on the other hand warranties are not a requirement to do business and defects are a fact of life. (lol, just reread and saw how back and forth I am on this lol)

mommy24babes 07-29-2012 12:49 PM

I am currently dealing with the same thing for a flip cover. I paid shipping to buy the item and it has a pul defect very apparent the first time it got wet. . It cost me 5.97 to ship their defective product back to them. It was the flip sale and I lost any savings I got.

ARogers 07-29-2012 01:00 PM

Re: I hate shipping back defective products on my own dime

I hear ya. Mine was from FB. I honestly don't even know what they sent me. 9 months later they're still in the packaging. :(

mommy24babes 07-29-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m&m&m
if it was in store, you wouldn't be compensated for the gas to bring the item back in for warranty repair and many manufacturers (not just cloth diapers, but other items) have you mail in for warranty work and don't compensate. )

This is true. But to buy an item at the store I don't pay separate shipping to receive it in the first place.

juliasmom 07-29-2012 01:54 PM

Im going to Rave about Kissed by the Moon now :). I placed an order for 2 small Bamboo Sandys and they accidentally sents xs. They reimbursed $5 for shipping and I received the correct size and a free pair of babylegs 2 days after calling about the mistake. Now that is customer service!

m&m&m 07-29-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliasmom
Im going to Rave about Kissed by the Moon now :). I placed an order for 2 small Bamboo Sandys and they accidentally sents xs. They reimbursed $5 for shipping and I received the correct size and a free pair of babylegs 2 days after calling about the mistake. Now that is customer service!

That is awesome, but at the same time they lost more than any profit they would have made (plus some!) So it sucks on both sides for sure when accidents/defects happen.

southernbelle04 07-29-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy24babes
I am currently dealing with the same thing for a flip cover. I paid shipping to buy the item and it has a pul defect very apparent the first time it got wet. . It cost me 5.97 to ship their defective product back to them. It was the flip sale and I lost any savings I got.

Wait, what??? I've shipped covers before & it was barely over $2! Yikes!! :(

Posted from my iPhone while nursing...or just procrastinating

m&m&m 07-29-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by southernbelle04

Wait, what??? I've shipped covers before & it was barely over $2! Yikes!! :(

Posted from my iPhone while nursing...or just procrastinating

I was gonna say that too. It should only be $1.5-$2.00 for 1 diaper