Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Cant feel Merena IUD strings. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425543)

jamie714 07-29-2012 05:56 PM

Cant feel Merena IUD strings.

I was told to feel for the stings coming out of my cervix once a month. It has been in two months and I have not been able to feel the strings either. I am assuming my cervix is further on then my finger is long. If I am not feeling pain should I just not worry or go in to be checked? What happens if the string going in all the way with the IUD?

mommy24babes 07-29-2012 08:19 PM

Get it checked!
My strings kept getting shorter (dr said it was fine as long as I could feel them ) until they disappeared.
I went in to have it checked and found out I was preggers with DD2 :)

ma-meem 07-29-2012 08:23 PM

Re: Cant feel Merena IUD strings.

yes I second getting it checked!

jamie714 07-29-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy24babes
Get it checked!
My strings kept getting shorter (dr said it was fine as long as I could feel them ) until they disappeared.
I went in to have it checked and found out I was preggers with DD2 :)

Oh no. I have been unexplainable tired lately. Baby number three is only 4 months. If I am pregnant with this in can they safely remove it without harming baby. That scares me.

This would not be a good time for a new baby, but if it is I will be excited anyway. I will make an appointment tomorrow.

ma-meem 07-29-2012 09:05 PM

I'm a doula, and a client of mine right now is 30 weeks pregnant with an iud in place...*yes she got preggers WITH an iud in!* She has to have more US then normal, but doc's say the iud will fall out during birth

mommy24babes 07-29-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie714

Oh no. I have been unexplainable tired lately. Baby number three is only 4 months. If I am pregnant with this in can they safely remove it without harming baby. That scares me.

This would not be a good time for a new baby, but if it is I will be excited anyway. I will make an appointment tomorrow.

Depends on where it is.
Mine they think pulled through a puncture in my uterus. I actually have to go for an X-ray to find it.
If they can locate strings they usually try to remove it. It can cause a miscarriage removing it though. They were not able to locate my strings although they found it via ultrasound.
Dd2 is 7months and perfectly healthy.

jamie714 07-29-2012 11:32 PM

Can someone describe to me where to find the strings? I went and got a pregnancy test, it was negative. I tried to find strings again, I can't. I really feel like I just cant feel in there far enough. Sorry if this is tmi. I tried to get DH to try, he refused. I don't want to pay for a dr visit for them to say the strings are right there. I feel no cramping or pain or uncomfortable at all.

mommy24babes 07-30-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamie714
Can someone describe to me where to find the strings? I went and got a pregnancy test, it was negative. I tried to find strings again, I can't. I really feel like I just cant feel in there far enough. Sorry if this is tmi. I tried to get DH to try, he refused. I don't want to pay for a dr visit for them to say the strings are right there. I feel no cramping or pain or uncomfortable at all.

Try sitting in a squat. Insert your fingers as far as they go to the upper back. Toward your front.

If you can locate your cervix you should feel strings poking out of the middle dip. If you can't feel strings wait until around ovulation when you cervix will be softer and more open. ( it will also be higher) if you still can't find strings go in and see a doctor.

jamie714 07-30-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommy24babes

Try sitting in a squat. Insert your fingers as far as they go to the upper back. Toward your front.

If you can locate your cervix you should feel strings poking out of the middle dip. If you can't feel strings wait until around ovulation when you cervix will be softer and more open. ( it will also be higher) if you still can't find strings go in and see a doctor.

Thank you.

I found the strings, or one string at least. I just had no idea where my cervix was. Well I had some idea. I wasn't looking in my ear or anything.

Paislie98 08-09-2012 11:00 PM

I've on,y felt mine once. My dr said it wasn't unheard of to not feel strings, ESP if your cervix is high and if you feel cervixes all day. Lol he did say to come get checked whenever if I get worried...glad you found them!