Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   TTA - Trying To Avoid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Calling All TTA Charting Addicts! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425592)

ma-meem 07-29-2012 07:15 PM

Calling All TTA Charting Addicts!

I'm a charting addict! We practice Natural Family Planning and I love to talk charts! I was thinking of joining in the Charting Addicts thread in TTC, but I'm not TTC! so I thought I'd start one here and see if there is anyone else that would like to join me for some chit chat :)

If so, just fill in the info below and we can get this started!

Name:
Screen name:
DH or SO:
Other DC and ages:
TTA Methods:
Link to your chart:

----------------------------------------

Name: Theresa
Screen name: ecomama2b
DH or SO: married to John
Other DC and ages: A (17 yrs), B (6 yrs), M (4 yrs), J (10 months)...also an angel baby Mark
TTA Methods: NFP and Lea's Shield/natural spermicide when fertile
Link to your chart: My Ovulation Chart
---------------------------------

Name: Katelynne
Screen name: dragonfly263544
DH or SO: J
Other DC and ages: From my previous marriage: DD (4) DD (1.5), SO has 4 kids of his own
TTA Methods: FAM with abstinence during definite fertile periods, condoms/withdrawl for "iffy" times
Link to your chart: Here
---------------------------

Name: Jessica
Screen name: jjgammon
DH or SO: Rickey
Other DC and ages: Kahlan & Elliott
TTA Methods: Charting on OvuView Android app- condoms when I'm fertile.

--------------------------

Name: Tia
Screen name: Sandhillcranes
DH or SO: Will
Other DC and ages: DS E is 2.5 almost 3, DD P is 5mos
TTA Methods: Using condoms atm.

Name: Kim
Screen name: Kimmiepie
DH or SO: DH
Other DC and ages: DD 11, DS 10, DS 6, DS 3, DS 9mos
TTA Methods: Ladycomp with withdrawl, but chart b/c it's fun
Link to your chart: http://www.tcoyf.com/members/kimnmike/charts/2.aspx

Name: Macy
Screen name: macyllehub
DH or SO: Damon
Other DC and ages: Daunika 6, Aurora 4, Declan 2 and Kalani 8 mo
TTA Methods: FemCap and beginning to chart again!
Link to your chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/macyllehub

-----------------------

Name: Hope
Screen name:Blesdfish
DH or SO:Mark, married 7 years
Other DC and ages: jack, 5.5; Silas, 3.5; Mercy, 2; Iris, 6/2/12.
TTA Methods: abstain, WD
Link to your chart: My Chart

-------------------

Name: Denise
Screen name: mommy2wyatt
DH or SO: Brady
Other DC and ages: W & L both 5.5
TTA Methods: Monitor, condoms during fertile times
Link to your chart: I'm not sure if this is right? My Ovulation Chart || Ovulation Chart

dragonfly263544 07-30-2012 03:40 AM

Re: Calling All TTA Charting Addicts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoMama2b (Post 15471654)
I'm a charting addict! We practice Natural Family Planning and I love to talk charts! I was thinking of joining in the Charting Addicts thread in TTC, but I'm not TTC! so I thought I'd start one here and see if there is anyone else that would like to join me for some chit chat :)

If so, just fill in the info below and we can get this started!

Name:
Screen name:
DH or SO:
Other DC and ages:
TTA Methods:
Link to your chart:

----------------------------------------

Name: Theresa
Screen name: ecomama2b
DH or SO: married to John
Other DC and ages: A (17 yrs), B (6 yrs), M (4 yrs), J (10 months)...also an angel baby Mark
TTA Methods: NFP and Lea's Shield/natural spermicide when fertile
Link to your chart: My Ovulation Chart

Me, me! I LOVE charting, but didn't want to join the TTC group either.

Name: Katelynne
Screen name: dragonfly263544
DH or SO: J
Other DC and ages: From my previous marriage: DD (4) DD (1.5), SO has 4 kids of his own
TTA Methods: FAM with abstinence during definite fertile periods, condoms/withdrawl for "iffy" times
Link to your chart: Here

ma-meem 07-30-2012 12:05 PM

Hi Katelynne! nice to "meet" you :)

I hope we can get a few more mamas on here...I loved being apart of that group when TTC but for obvious reasons that's not the place for me anymore.

I just got my Lea's Shield in today! yay! can't wait to try it out. I have it in and it's very comfortable...can't feel it at all...so here's hoping the dh won't be able to either. I plan on using it only for fertile/iffy times, and until my cycles come back. I'm still cycle free since having Johnny.

ma-meem 07-30-2012 12:08 PM

so weird...I just got cross-hairs today...but my cervix and cm are still very fertile...totally think ff is wrong on this one!

dragonfly263544 07-30-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecoMama2b (Post 15474497)
so weird...I just got cross-hairs today...but my cervix and cm are still very fertile...totally think ff is wrong on this one!

I had to manually override my last two charts as far as O date and coverline, because FF was wayyy off. This month its telling me it doesn't know for sure but thinks I O'd between 8 and 14 which would be way early for me, and the only thermal shift there I had was three days of a fever lol I like the charting but not the interpretations.

JustSomeChickVee 07-31-2012 06:55 AM

all of your charts look CRAZY compared the charts in the NFP manuals. it's kind of making me rethink NFP, how can you even tell when you're going to ovulate lol?

ma-meem 07-31-2012 07:40 AM

Veronica...because I'm still bf'ing my chart is insane LOL I'm temping, but it's erratic. For me I know I'm fertile due to my cervical mucous and positioning. That doesn't change...so even though I'm bf'ing, my temps will be weird but cm will tell me. My temp will let me know once I've ovulated, so isn't a good predictor for pre-o at this time LOL

it's actually pretty easy, and 98% effective! maybe more actually

dragonfly263544 07-31-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustSomeChickVee (Post 15478412)
all of your charts look CRAZY compared the charts in the NFP manuals. it's kind of making me rethink NFP, how can you even tell when you're going to ovulate lol?

My charts normally are pretty decent, but I'm in the process of weaning my DD and my wake up times are super erratic and I often don't get a 3 hour stretch of sleep.

It's important to chart for a few months before really relying on NFP/FAM as BC. You need to see your own patterns and then it becomes a lot easier to check.

My temps and CF show pretty well. I also have secondary signs like feeling really cold an my legs aching around ovulation. I'm still figuring out the cervical position changes, as that doesn't seem to show a super clear pattern in my charts, but its still nice to be able to double check.

jjgammon 07-31-2012 04:26 PM

Ooh ooh, pick me!

I actually DID join the TTC charting group anyway LOL

I figure I will be there around this time next year anyway...

BUt yeah, a TTA centered charting group is a brilliant idea.

Name: Jessica
Screen name: jjgammon
DH or SO: Rickey
Other DC and ages: Kahlan & Elliott
TTA Methods: Charting on OvuView Android app- condoms when I'm fertile.

ma-meem 08-01-2012 08:22 AM

Jessica, welcome!!! I LOVED that TTC charting group...but alas I'm DONE with being pregnant. Not that I wouldn't love to have lots more kids, but certain circumstances prohibit that for us. I love the journey of birth, right from TTC to the actual birth. I think that's why I became a doula and cbe LOL so that I can continue my birth obsession without actually having tons of kids :)