Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How late in your pregnancy did you find out you were having twins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425697)

Umm_Ibraheem 07-30-2012 03:19 AM

How late in your pregnancy did you find out you were having twins?

My MW suggested I may be pregnant with twins but at 7 weeks an ultrasound showed only one baby and one heartbeat. I've been REALLY interested in twins, twin care and logistics ever since though :giggle:

Personally I'm not sure what I'm having other than this is a strange pregnancy heavy on the m/s. So I'm curious, how early/late did you find out you were expecting twins?

UPDATE: 8/8/2012 I had a 2nd ultrasound and there is definitely only one in there. :giggle:

fluffybunsdiapers 07-30-2012 05:22 AM

I had lots of symptoms and my numbers were high (and twins run in the family) so when I got a positive at 8dpo at the Dr office they thought it may be twins, but nope just an early implanter.......um I know people who found out at 7-8weeks, at 20ish weeks it depends on how they are positioned in your uterus, but usually they will see it early.

cristy_1996 07-30-2012 09:25 AM

Re: How late in your pregnancy did you find out you were having twins?

M/S is no indication of twins. I have 3 singlets and hyperemisis with all 3. Worse sickness than any of my friends or family with twins.

My DH's cousin did find out at 6 months they were having twins though...

TwinMommaplus2 07-30-2012 09:41 AM

Found out via us at 4weeks 5 days :love:

Mamatoabunch 07-30-2012 11:43 AM

15 weeks 6 days

3 ladybugs 07-30-2012 04:18 PM

Found out I had triplets at a heart rate scan after IUI treated cycle. First ultrasound had 1 sack, 2nd ultrasound about 10 days later showed 3 babies, 3 sacks!

Umm_Ibraheem 07-30-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs (Post 15475791)
Found out I had triplets at a heart rate scan after IUI treated cycle. First ultrasound had 1 sack, 2nd ultrasound about 10 days later showed 3 babies, 3 sacks!

THREE BABIES! :jawdrop: my hcg levels at 6 weeks was 94,000 but by week 7 it was 114,000 or so but by then the ultrasound had shown only one baby and one heartbeat. I went through a stage of being obsessed by the possibility to a few weeks of being indifferent to back to being obsess by the possibility. :giggle: THEM HORMONES! lol

HeatherlovesCDs 07-30-2012 09:23 PM

It's unlikely to miss a baby on u/s at 7wks, but it can happen.

I found out about my first set at 5.5 wks. Second set at 7.5 wks. Third set at 7wks.

I lost one of the 3rd set.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Umm_Ibraheem 08-07-2012 11:21 PM

UPDATE 8/8/2012 I had a 2nd ultrasound and there is definitely only one in there. :giggle: