Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Blueberry, Swaddlebee, Capri? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425789)

lalaith 07-30-2012 10:28 AM

Blueberry, Swaddlebee, Capri?

I'm in the market for a DH friendly cover - I use gdiapers and flats, and it's too different from the disposables he's used to. I'd like to have something easy I can pre-stuff and leave on the changing table.

DS is 4mo and 16 lbs. I looked into Thirsties first, but the size range makes it difficult for me to pick.

I'm a little confused as to the differences between blueberry, swaddlebee and capris. Are they from the same company? What are the differences between them?

TooBusyBearcubs 07-30-2012 12:22 PM

Re: Blueberry, Swaddlebee, Capri?

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalaith (Post 15473952)
I'm in the market for a DH friendly cover - I use gdiapers and flats, and it's too different from the disposables he's used to. I'd like to have something easy I can pre-stuff and leave on the changing table.

DS is 4mo and 16 lbs. I looked into Thirsties first, but the size range makes it difficult for me to pick.

I'm a little confused as to the differences between blueberry, swaddlebee and capris. Are they from the same company? What are the differences between them?

Yep, they are the same company (Triple 8), but different brands within that company. Each brand has its own specialties, and often the cut of the comparable diapers are a little different. For instance, the Blueberry Basix is an AIO that has a microfiber inner, and is cut a little broader with a slightly lower rise. The Swaddlebees Simplex is also an AIO, but with a cotton inner, slimmer cut across the tush, and I found that the rise was a little higher. The Capri diaper is actually a Swaddlebees product, as opposed to its own brand.
They are all very well made and durable. I have several Swaddlebees (old school "ABC" covers), several Basix (old and new styles), a ton of Blueberry Coveralls (LOVE THESE!!!), a few hemp/cotton doublers, a couple of BB OS bamboo fitteds, and a handful of BB trainers. So far, the only product I didn't like, or had a problem with were the sized Simplex, and that was really just a personal preference (didn't like the fit), and a fluke (some of the stitching started pulling out right away, but I was able to return it with no problem).
I have not tried Capris, but have heard great things about them, and the Econappi has always been a favorite on these threads, and great for staying within your CD budget. (Though I haven't tried those, either.)

If you are looking for a Daddy-friendly cover, definitely check out Coveralls and Capris. Aplix is a little easier to use, and sometimes easier to get a good fit, but snaps will last longer, and are more toddler-proof. ;)

greencrunchymama 07-30-2012 12:27 PM

Capris are awesome!

KingsDaughter76 07-30-2012 03:05 PM

Love Capris here too~!!

lalaith 07-30-2012 08:04 PM

'Thanks! Where should I buy them? My usual store doesn't carry them...

jessnye 07-30-2012 08:08 PM

If you go to the Swaddlebees/Blueberry site, you can sign up to receive their newsletter and for signing up, they email you a discount code for $10 off a $50 order.

ETA: If you want to spend under $40, you should check out what's in stock at Nickis Diapers. She has a good selection of Swaddlebees/Blueberry products, a 5% discount code (five), and covers ship for free. Another company recently had Capri covers for 12% off and it was still cheaper to buy one at Nickis because with the 5% off AND free shipping, the price was lower than the other site's with 10% off but charging shipping. ABby's Lane also ships for free and has a 5% code (sunshine).

lynn97 07-30-2012 08:55 PM

Another vote for Capris! I also have the Blueberry Coveralls and love them but think the Capris will fit your needs perfectly, I think.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum