Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ticked at the middle school Update the school called (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425849)

charise820 07-30-2012 11:58 AM

Ticked at the middle school Update the school called

I went and got my child who is entering 6th grade new clothes for school tshirt and polos and jeans things he likes with prints he likes but are fine for school and everything.

Well wondering about why I hadn't heard anything from the school I decided to check out the website and well frankly it's a good thing seems NOW he has a dress code where as before he didn't. So now I have to reshop oh and I hate dress codes.

I am just ticked they couldn't be bothered to send home in the info packet for his school that oh by the way this school in the same district as you are in now has a a dress code. and here it is so you can get ready. Nothing like having to buy school clothes more than once in the same year.

Oh and dh is getting out of the army any time now so money is a worry as we still planning the next move

Update

The school called DH today didn't leave a message but he called the number back to see who called. They where calling to inform us of the uniform policy and said we could pik up a form for help which is nice. School starts Aug 27th so 2.5 week notice on needing uniforms. Yeah probably good they got dh on the other line.

Fashionably Green Baby 07-30-2012 12:01 PM

Re: Ticked at the middle school

I don't mind dress codes to an extent but I HATE HATE HATE uniforms and I am so glad my kids don't have to wear them. Sorry they didn't send home the updated dress code, I would be annoyed.

charise820 07-30-2012 12:06 PM

Yeah it's annoying I have had to dig and find out everything about him switching to this school including he now walks instead of taking a bus. but the dress code/uniform thing was too much it's supper strict and if he showed up the first day of school as I had planned he would have been in ISS unless I could have gotten to the school in 5 minutes with a change of clothes (umm the school in 1.5 miles away we have one car just not going to happen even if I had the car once I put three kids in car seats)

It's like ugh why not be upfront about it. and I don't get why the district is so split on uniforms some schools have them and some don't (like his k-5th school)

smashncakes 07-30-2012 12:11 PM

could you just return some of the stuff you already bought him & exchange it for stuff that meets the dress code? is it like a crazy super strict dress code or something? we've had them for years here, but they're not over the top or anything....no spaghetti straps, shorts/skirts must be a certain length, no giant holes in jeans, no suggestion/inappropriate images or sayings on clothing. The high school here just had to pass a rule that kids weren't allowed to wear bulky jackets or fur-lined jackets in class because kids were hiding phones, drugs, etc in them...but we don't have like, metal detectors or cops or drug dogs at our schools (like some bigger city schools?)

mamaerica 07-30-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashncakes (Post 15474517)
could you just return some of the stuff you already bought him & exchange it for stuff that meets the dress code? is it like a crazy super strict dress code or something? we've had them for years here, but they're not over the top or anything....no spaghetti straps, shorts/skirts must be a certain length, no giant holes in jeans, no suggestion/inappropriate images or sayings on clothing.

This is our dress code, too - completely reasonable, if you ask me! You can still keep the jeans, polos, etc, right OP? I'm curious what your school's dress code is!

doodah 07-30-2012 12:31 PM

I do think that they should have sent home some information, especially for a new student.

pine_apple_goat 07-30-2012 12:36 PM

Do they have specific uniforms? How strict is the code? I would be angry if they didn't tell me ahead of time.

Our5boys 07-30-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smashncakes (Post 15474517)
could you just return some of the stuff you already bought him & exchange it for stuff that meets the dress code? is it like a crazy super strict dress code or something? we've had them for years here, but they're not over the top or anything....no spaghetti straps, shorts/skirts must be a certain length, no giant holes in jeans, no suggestion/inappropriate images or sayings on clothing. The high school here just had to pass a rule that kids weren't allowed to wear bulky jackets or fur-lined jackets in class because kids were hiding phones, drugs, etc in them...but we don't have like, metal detectors or cops or drug dogs at our schools (like some bigger city schools?)

I really think they should have let you know sooner.

We just got letters today (yes since we have two students in middle school they insist on sending two of the same letter in the same envelope nonthe less...I hate extra papers and even signed up for email updates from the school instead :banghead:) that this is the new dress code. Has been the same for two years but they are trying to make it have a slogan and everything and the new principal is going to enforce the dress code finally.

My son was mortified when he read the banner in the office saying " No Crack-- Front or Back....policy will be enforced." I guess they had a problem with saggy pants, whale tails and clevage:headscratch:?

sojomisa 07-30-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Our5boys (Post 15474714)
I really think they should have let you know sooner.

We just got letters today (yes since we have two students in middle school they insist on sending two of the same letter in the same envelope nonthe less...I hate extra papers and even signed up for email updates from the school instead :banghead:) that this is the new dress code. Has been the same for two years but they are trying to make it have a slogan and everything and the new principal is going to enforce the dress code finally.

My son was mortified when he read the banner in the office saying " No Crack-- Front or Back....policy will be enforced." I guess they had a problem with saggy pants, whale tails and clevage:headscratch:?

:giggle2: to the bolded!

drunkenmonkeysmommy1 07-30-2012 01:24 PM

It sucks that they did not give you notice. I personally LOVE uniforms. I bought my ds 5 polo shirts, 5 pairs of shorts, and he will get 5 pairs of pants when it gets cooler, and one pair of shoes. Not only is it cost effective, but you never have to worry about what they are going to wear or anyone making fun of their choices.