Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Twin pregnancy... update post #14 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1425993)

Shel9365 07-30-2012 05:12 PM

Twin pregnancy... update post #14

I just got my Mirena out June 27th. I haven't had a period in almost two years, so I started temping right away to figure out my cycle. We didn't plan on trying until September, but our condom broke the 7th, I Od the 10th and got a BFP on the 18th!

I've heard there is a higher chance of twins immediately following an IUD removal because you can drop more than one egg. I had my blood work done Friday, at 16DPO and it came back at 2295. That seems really high from everything I've read. Has anyone else had something similar happen, either getting a BFP right after an IUD or really high betas early on resulting in twins? I would LOVE twins. I'm super exhausted this time too. I have an u/s next Tuesday (my midwife doesn't believe me about when I Od :headscratch:) so I guess we'll see what happens then...

Anna0623 07-30-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Twin pregnancy...

I'Ve heard the same thing, will check backs and see what the results are congratulations either way!

Umm_Ibraheem 07-30-2012 07:03 PM

congratulations! :D What were your levels like at 6 weeks?

Shel9365 07-31-2012 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna0623 (Post 15476455)
I'Ve heard the same thing, will check backs and see what the results are congratulations either way!

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Umm_Ibraheem (Post 15476542)
congratulations! :D What were your levels like at 6 weeks?

I'm only 5wks tomorrow, the only draw I had was at 16DPO :goodvibes:

psylion 07-31-2012 11:32 PM

Check out Betabase.com to compare your betas with those of twin and triplet+ pregnancies. I can't quite remember my betas with these twins.

gigismomma 08-01-2012 07:09 AM

Did they check your progesterone level, too? My doctor told me that progesterone level is often a better predictor of multiples (due to two corpus ...... from each ovary dropping an egg)
Your betas are high, but I wouldn't read too much into it. I know that it can mean multiples, REALLY high betas could indicate a molar pregnancy, or they could mean nothing other than a strong bean.
My friend had twins with lower than average bets, and I had higher than average betas with a singleton. My level at 15 dpo was around 900, and 48 hours later they were around 2100. I had an earlier u/s (to check for multiples) at 6 wk 2 d, and found one healthy bean in there. I was relieved, we didn't want twins :giggle2: The downside was that my first trimester pregnancy symptoms were AWFUL! :yuck:
With my next pregnancy (this one), my betas were much much lower in the beginning.......I have no idea why it can vary so much from pregnancy to pregnancy.

I hope you get your twins......please update!

whitneywalters 08-01-2012 08:43 AM

I had really high levels with my youngest. They were convinced I would end up with twins. No twins but I did get cholestasis.

Twins would be fun, I hope you get them :)

Shel9365 08-01-2012 09:40 AM

Thanks ladies! :goodvibes:

I've read high hcg can also be a sign of a girl, and that would be awesome too! I need to stop reading into this and just wait patiently until my u/s on the 7th. :giggle:

I'll update after I find out!

stevensmom 08-01-2012 09:43 AM

Why aren't you getting a 2nd draw?

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

Shel9365 08-01-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevensmom (Post 15484121)
Why aren't you getting a 2nd draw?

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

The only reason I got the first one was because I haven't had a period in almost two years and they wanted to get an idea of how far along I am. She said based on my beta I'm between 4-6wks, but I know I was 4w2d at the draw. They don't trust my charting I guess. I think they're happy with my number and next step is the u/s. :goodvibes: