Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Would you go all Freetime? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426001)

MamaLump 07-30-2012 05:39 PM

Would you go all Freetime?

I'm needing new dipes as DS is growing out of the mediums. I hate stuffing and really want an AIO system. I've not had any microfiber stink issues. But, I've heard mixed reviews on Freetime. What's your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

WilliamsMama 07-30-2012 05:55 PM

Re: Would you go all Freetime?

Freetimes were my first cloth diaper and I prefer my 4.0s over them...but you say you want an AIO.

My only issues are that the two layers of cloth seem to go out of alignment with my particularly squirmy baby, and it is much more difficult to get poop off. I don't have a diaper sprayer, but if you try to get the poop off, the flaps sometimes will unfold and then a mess is made. I know people put the back flap on top of the front flap for this reason, but then I feel like the seam is right against my boy's boys and it just looks uncomfortable to me.

seacat 07-30-2012 05:58 PM

I couldn't CD with just all FTs. My toddler can pee right out of these. They work great for my 8 month old, but eventually I will probably need my pockets for him as well. I also don't care for them at night and I get annoyed as PP mentioned about having to align the flaps.

Done at 3 07-30-2012 06:00 PM

The freetimes make me nuts when it comes to poo! I very much prefer a smooth surface. My first choice is tots bots or one size swaddlebees simplex.

Alaga 07-30-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Done at 3
The freetimes make me nuts when it comes to poo! I very much prefer a smooth surface.

This. The pockets behind the flaps trap poo and make them hard to clean. I loved my Freetime until my toddler pooped in it. :(

MamaLump 07-31-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seacat
I couldn't CD with just all FTs. My toddler can pee right out of these. They work great for my 8 month old, but eventually I will probably need my pockets for him as well. I also don't care for them at night and I get annoyed as PP mentioned about having to align the flaps.

Well shoot. I had heard they were very absorbent. Like more so than the elementala.

mimihol 07-31-2012 06:20 AM

I think they might be a little more absorbant for us than elementals but the poop sucks in these. I would rather get simplex os they are more $ but worth it.

MamaLump 07-31-2012 06:28 AM

Are the simplex OS side snapping? My DH hates side snaps. :(

mimihol 07-31-2012 06:35 AM

No, that is the sized simplex. Os is front snapping like bg:)

Kabuki24 07-31-2012 07:13 AM

I'm pretty much convinced that the "perfect" diaper isn't out there.... however.. the Freetime is dang close.