Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Pretty sure baby turned breech (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426078)

HeatherlovesCDs 07-30-2012 08:56 PM

Pretty sure baby turned breech

I'm 29wks today. I'm almost positive the baby turned last night and is now breech. I've never been very good at knowing exactly how baby is laying, especially because my previous two pregnancies were twins. But, I do know, something is very different.

Here is the difference....until yesterday, most of the movement was high up. It felt like legs. Legs seem to move, stretch, and "kick" more and generally be stronger than arms, IMO. I definitely felt movement down low too, but it wasn't as strong and not as much if that makes sense. Every since this morning, I feel almost nothing up top. It's all very low and much stronger than before. In fact, I keep jumping because he is kicking my pelvic bones hard. My gut is telling me, he's turned. I know he was head down before.

So, my questions are 1. Does it sound like baby has turned? 2. I know 29wks is still early, but I'm nervous. Does it matter at this point? 3. Should I start spinning babies this early or wait?

Thanks!

Mom2jandb 07-30-2012 09:54 PM

You have LOTS of time mama. Some babies don't turn until right before labor. FWIW my OB gets worried at 36 weeks and recommends you start trying to flip baby starting 34 weeks to be right by 36.

HeatherlovesCDs 07-31-2012 08:08 AM

Re: Pretty sure baby turned breech

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2jandb (Post 15477566)
You have LOTS of time mama. Some babies don't turn until right before labor. FWIW my OB gets worried at 36 weeks and recommends you start trying to flip baby starting 34 weeks to be right by 36.

Thanks! I know I have lots of time. One of my twins turned while I was in labor saving me from the c-sec they were wanting to do. We actually watched it on u/s. It was awesome! I was so grateful because I really didn't want a c-sec since some OB's will deliver with baby B breech anyway. I thought mine would and didn't find out till it was too late that he had mislead me....basically lied...and wouldn't do it if they weren't both head down. :( When I went into labor, knowing baby B was breech, the first thing I did when we got to the hospital was insist on an u/s BEFORE they started prepping me for the c-sec. He had already started moving like nothing I'd ever felt. We watched him finish up turning on the u/s. It was so cool and such a blessing.

Anyway, I know I have time, but I'm still nervous. I've had 5 children vaginally including 2 sets of twins against the odds. I REALLY don't want to end up with a c-sec for my last one, who is a singleton.

I think I'm going to start spinning babies now because honestly, this hurts. I know he could turn back even if I get him to turn, but I'll take any relief I can get from him kicking my pelvic bone. Ouch!!!

Mom2jandb 07-31-2012 12:42 PM

I've only had two singletons, but I can relate to breech babies kicking down there! Not fun. Good luck with the spinning.

I enjoyed reading your post. What an incredible story! I can't imagine what it would feel like having a baby flip at term, yowza!

Mom2jandb 07-31-2012 12:44 PM

Oh, and I need to know, are your twins from ivf or do you have some incredible genes?

HeatherlovesCDs 07-31-2012 01:18 PM

It was something else to have him flip that late. I was 35wks, but there were 2 babies in there. He was 6lbs 9oz and she was 4lbs 7oz. So, a good amount of baby in there. LOL.

Of course we do have incredible genes, but my twins are IVF. :laugh: Actually, with this pregnancy, it started as identical twins and that has nothing to do with IVF. Even though they put the embryo there, they didn't do anything extra that would cause it to have a higher chance of splitting. It just happened. Unfortunately, I lost one at about 8wks. But, it was a fluke.

Mom2jandb 07-31-2012 02:41 PM

Interesting. And sorry for your loss mama :(

badmisterkitty 07-31-2012 02:55 PM

I'm 36 weeks, 3 days and my babe JUST turned a few days ago. He had been vertex rarely up until recently. Mostly transverse or full breech. I could tell when suddenly I had pressure where there had not been any before. And my hips felt "crowded" if that makes sense.

songbird516 07-31-2012 04:20 PM

It won't hurt to try the spinning babies stuff now. Of course you still have lots of time, and I've heard that women who have had multiple pregnancies, and especially more than one baby in there at a time, can have a lot of room in there for baby to move around. So I definitely wouldn't be worrying, but none of the spinning babies stuff is going to do anything but help your chances of baby turning into a better position. Plus, it can help you feel like you're doing something to help.
Both of my babies stayed vertex and anterior most of the time (best position), but I still did some of the exercises just to feel like I was doing something productive/helpful.

Vegan Princess 08-01-2012 10:26 PM

Hi Heather!!

My midwife said she she just wants baby head down by about 32 weeks. My little girl has been head down at my last few visits - but I'm thinking she might have gone transverse yesterday too. I can't tell if all the sudden I'm having tons of braxton hicks bc my tummy keeps getting so hard, or if she is just laying sideways and her back and butt are spread more across the front - and maybe it feels like that when she stretches out? I'm feeling movement today, but not really any heels poking out like they've been doing lately.

I hope you're well!!

Cindy