Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How to make your own fleece liners??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426098)

loveReese2pieces 07-30-2012 10:09 PM

How to make your own fleece liners???

Anyone have any advice on making a fleece liner for your nb? I am planning on using KL0s in combo with prefolds and covers so I might consider using fleece liners because they are so soft and will keep moisture off baby's bum. I also am kind of a fanatic about stains so I'd rather stain up homemade liners than my dipes. So any advice on materials and how to's would be great!

gabmaxi 07-30-2012 10:15 PM

I just cut up some carters fleece blankets that I had. I tried to make them 4.5"x12".

Ducko 07-30-2012 10:18 PM

Re: How to make your own fleece liners???

I just go to fabric store and buy fleece when it's on sale. I normally get the white winter fleece stuff from Joanns when there is a 50% off sale or coupon. Cut just smaller than the size of the inside of the diaper. No need to sew, the fleece fabric doesn't unravel. I use it for anytime we are using medicines, diaper rash creams, or little one eating too many blueberries, etc. Toss when they are looking too worn or getting too stained. Wash separate from diapers if you've used any unfriendly to cloth creams.

JulieHyphenAnn 07-31-2012 07:31 PM

I also bought white microfleece at Joanne's and cut it up. Very fast and easy. I would stay away from heavier/thicker fleece as I believe that stuff does not allow moisture to pass through as easily.

lynn97 07-31-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHyphenAnn
I also bought white microfleece at Joanne's and cut it up. Very fast and easy. I would stay away from heavier/thicker fleece as I believe that stuff does not allow moisture to pass through as easily.

Yep, this exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

mypeanut09 07-31-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHyphenAnn (Post 15481815)

Yea that!

betsybikes 08-01-2012 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveReese2pieces
Anyone have any advice on making a fleece liner for your nb? I am planning on using KL0s in combo with prefolds and covers so I might consider using fleece liners because they are so soft and will keep moisture off baby's bum. I also am kind of a fanatic about stains so I'd rather stain up homemade liners than my dipes. So any advice on materials and how to's would be great!

If you're worried about stains, just stick the prefolds in the sun. They will be nice and white in no time.

Part of the glory of NB EBF poo is you don't really need a liner or to spray. Just throw it in the wash!

Liners are really nice when they transition to solids. I just cut up rectangles of fleece so it is the same size as the inside of the diaper. Too small and it doesn't provide coverage. Too big and it hangs out and could wick. I get my fleece at Joanns too.

kbevie 08-01-2012 06:59 AM

Anti pill and polar fleece are repelling fabrics (used for fleece covers) but microfleece wicks away from the skin. Fleece doesn't fray so you could buy a yard (or less) from a local fabric store and cut them up. No edge finishing is necessary.

loveReese2pieces 08-01-2012 07:37 AM

Is the microfleece you are talking about like the minky fabrics I've seen there? Someone at hobby lobby told me that it was the same as the microfleece? I should probably go to Joann's. I don't think HL even has microfleece.

JulieHyphenAnn 08-01-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveReese2pieces
Is the microfleece you are talking about like the minky fabrics I've seen there? Someone at hobby lobby told me that it was the same as the microfleece? I should probably go to Joann's. I don't think HL even has microfleece.

Minky is definitely a different fabric from microfleece. I don't believe minky has any stay-dry/wicking properties.