Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Tummy Sleeper Night Time Option (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426329)

doodleswife 07-31-2012 01:44 PM

Tummy Sleeper Night Time Option

Before you start throwing knives...My daughter is 4.5 months old and can roll over - she rolls over on her belly during the night. Up until she started this, she stayed dry over night (she sleeps 9-10 hours uninterrupted) in a softbums echo with O-pod and 2 bamboo mini pods. Now that she can roll over, her pj's are wet in the morning. Last night, I used my one omni, stuffed it with 2 mini bamboo pods, and had an O-pod and another mini pod inside the diaper. She still had a wet tummy this morning. I don't think the diaper is getting too wet, I think it is leaking out of the top. My stash is all SB Echos except for the 1 Omni. I don't like Fitteds bc I don't want the moisture against her skin all night. Any suggestions?

mars817 07-31-2012 01:53 PM

Re: Tummy Sleeper Night Time Option

My son is 5 months and a tummy sleeper now too, the thirsities fab fitted is stay dry if you do want to try fitteds. I have found the moisture doesn't bother him though. Also bg 4.0 have about a 1 inch wide piece of pul on the tummy side so that would probably keep them from leaking out the front ( I think that was the purpuse). I have not tried them overnight since he slept on his tummy but he didn't leak in those stuffed with a micofiber insert and a hemp underneath.

ahess529 07-31-2012 02:00 PM

My lo is 4.5 months too and rolls to her belly too. I was using a bamboozle fitted but I think it hinders her rolling because it is bulkier. She started having a difficult time sleeping at night once she learned to roll because she couldn't roll in that. I use a bg freetime with a thirties hemp underneath and haven't had any problems. It is stay dry and she is in it 12-13 hours a night. I am scared of thirties fitted because she leaks right out of the thirties new aio. I am also open to other suggestions too!

mars817 07-31-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahess529 (Post 15480454)
My lo is 4.5 months too and rolls to her belly too. I was using a bamboozle fitted but I think it hinders her rolling because it is bulkier. She started having a difficult time sleeping at night once she learned to roll because she couldn't roll in that. I use a bg freetime with a thirties hemp underneath and haven't had any problems. It is stay dry and she is in it 12-13 hours a night. I am scared of thirties fitted because she leaks right out of the thirties new aio. I am also open to other suggestions too!

My son leaked in the thirsties aio too, but I think it was the fit. The fit on the fitteds don't matter so much (imo) because there is a cover (I use wool).

mommyjlo 08-01-2012 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahess529

I do think the Thirsties fitteds hold a lot more than the AIO. I used the size ones for a bit. My 3.5 mo tummy sleeper was leaking thru everything at night until I used a Blueberry pocket with the microfiber insert over a Thirsties hemp doubler.

cboytitan 08-01-2012 09:05 AM

I use KaWaii Goodnight Heavy Wetter - they work great and have a PUL strip in the front (like BGs). To avoid leaks out the top. My son has been a tummy sleeper from just a few weeks old.

kateroc 08-01-2012 09:27 AM

Try taking one or two of the inserts that you normally stuff in the pocket (Softbums are pockets, right? I've never used them), fold them in half, and stuff them all the way to the front of the diaper. You could also try putting a fleece soaker or shorties over top of of the diaper (instead of pajama pants) for extra insurance.

theonenonlymrssmith 08-01-2012 09:30 AM

I LOVE my softbums, but we just couldn't get them to work at night for my side sleeper. It always wicked out the top, no matter what i stuffed with. We now use bg 4.0s with the softbums bamboo pod +mini pod insterts, and no leaks for 7+ months here! (he is in it for about 12 hours) The tummy panel is a must have for tummy/side sleepers. If you're on a budget, then alva color snaps also have a tummy panel.

......you should see what my posts look like BEFORE auto correct.