Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I Feel like a milk cow (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1426400)

silverstar91579 07-31-2012 04:36 PM

I Feel like a milk cow

My 4 day old son has wanted to nurse all day today is that usual I know he's getting milk because he is swallowing

ulawolf 07-31-2012 04:39 PM

Totally normal. He will do this for about two weeks. Just try to bear with it. It gets better even when it feels like it doesn't. This is coming from a mom of a 3 month old who never thought she would get this far with breastfeeding.

abunchoflemons 07-31-2012 04:51 PM

Re: I Feel like a milk cow

Yrea norm & it will get better from bfing mom til baby was 14month when my supply dropped from pregnacy. If u feel like all u do is sit & want to move then try wrap & u can bf that way.

magdalynaa 07-31-2012 05:20 PM

:hugs:

AnimalHouse 07-31-2012 05:55 PM

Completely normal, mama! My nursling just turned 12 months old, and he still has days like that :giggle:. Your LO is doing you a favor - the more he nurses, the more milk you will produce :).

mibarra 07-31-2012 06:08 PM

Normal. I felt the same way! Moo. ;)

Computermama 07-31-2012 08:19 PM

Yep, mom's milk bar, open 24/7. It gets better, but there are still days I feel like I'm pinned down by a 13lbs boob attachment who screeches like I'm killing her if I unlatch long enough to pee. Moo indeed!

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Teexie 07-31-2012 08:53 PM

It will get better, I promise. And as soon as it gets better, he'll hit another growth spurt and do it again :) My DD is 15 months and still has days where it feels like she's attached all day. Only now, it's not so bad. In fact, I kind of enjoy it. I know it will pass and I like having an excuse to be lazy with her for the day, when she normally is busy busy busy!

2DaneMama 08-01-2012 03:02 AM

:cowwave: Yep. Completely normal. Normal to feel like a 24/7 all-you-can-eat buffet, also. DD's 9 mo. old, and I still totally feel like a cow. I moo at her sometimes too, just to release some of the frustration.

Moo moo!!

Liadan23 08-01-2012 01:37 PM

lol. totally normal! it completely freaked me out with my first baby too. but it's totally normal. i feel like i'm just starting to get out of the "nurse all day long" phase with my 2 month old. but then again, 2 nights ago she spent pretty much the entire night hanging out on my boob. good thing i got that side-lying nursing down so i could sleep and just wake up from time to time when she "almost" fell asleep and would slip off and then freak cause she wasn't sucking. it gets better though! just get some good movies and books and hunker down and feed the baby for the next few weeks :)